Suggestions for where to go before or after DLR in Feb?

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
Thinking of going in February and spending 3-4 days at DLR. Need ideas for another place to go for a few days as we'll. San Diego? Yosemte? Any nice coastal towns?

Thinking of going in February and spending 3-4 days at DLR. Need ideas for another place to go for a few days as we'll. San Diego? Yosemte? Any nice coastal towns?

We alwys hit San Diego for the Zoo and Sea world.. and have a blast..
not ventured out beyond that..
but if i had the time. I would do Yosmite as I have never been there..

I would second the recommendation for the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Wildlife Park. Both are quite amazing. There is also Legoland south of Disneyland.

Seeing your picture of the Boardwalk on your profile tells me you've been to WDW. If that's the case, skip the San Diego Zoo. It simply cannot compare with the Animal Kingdom park at WDW.

Yosemite is a bit of a drive from Anaheim (about 7 hours), but it would be worth it if you can swing it. It's the most incredible place you'll ever see. I live 90 minutes from the gates, so I buy an annual pass each year and make at least 3 trips a year. And February will beautiful with snow that time of year.

Seeing your picture of the Boardwalk on your profile tells me you've been to WDW. If that's the case, skip the San Diego Zoo. It simply cannot compare with the Animal Kingdom park at WDW.
I agree and disagree with this assessment. AK is an amazing place and I love that the animals have wide open areas to roam (e.g., the savanna on the Safari). That being said, the San Diego Zoo has an amazing variety of animals, including some that are not seen at AK (e.g., koalas, polar bears, etc.). I also like the fact that you can stop and watch most of the animals for as long as you want, whereas at AK, you can only see some animal while you're on the safari ride (e.g., the lions). So, even if you are a fan of AK (like I am), I would still highly recommend the San Diego Zoo.

I agree and disagree with this assessment. AK is an amazing place and I love that the animals have wide open areas to roam (e.g., the savanna on the Safari). That being said, the San Diego Zoo has an amazing variety of animals, including some that are not seen at AK (e.g., koalas, polar bears, etc.). I also like the fact that you can stop and watch most of the animals for as long as you want, whereas at AK, you can only see some animal while you're on the safari ride (e.g., the lions). So, even if you are a fan of AK (like I am), I would still highly recommend the San Diego Zoo.

lol I agree with you about being able to stop and get off the bus and walk around the Zoo, or take the sky gondola's or do a full tour in the bus,, the animals are closer in that when yuo get off the bus and walk you are near the fences and therefor closer..

What about Universal? Although, if you've been to the one in Florida, forget about it. :rotfl:

If you're willing to drive(?) to Yosemite, why not consider San Francisco? It's a beautiful city and the drive from LA/OC is very scenic.

There is Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park. One of the beach towns might be fun to hit...maybe Balboa Island by Newport Beach? San Diego is fun even if you don't hit Sea World. Legoland in Carlsbad isn't too far but my kids thought the rides were more "babyish".

We often combine a stay at Cambria on the Coast with a Disneyland trip. When staying there, you can take tours of Hearst Castle - well worth it.

We LOVE Cambria! It's my heaven on earth. I've been going there for 33 years. We got married there and our kids love it as much as we do. In June we rented a house on the water and stayed for 15 nights. Pure heaven!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter