Suggestions for text intensive scrapbooking?

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
Any suggestions on creative ways to incorporate large chunks of journaling in traditional paper scrapbooks?

I'm working on scrapping a trip to Washington D.C. and keep getting stuck. I have photos but I also have TONS of journaling. Most text will probably be typed just due to the sheer amount of it. I'm going to make a 12x12 album for this trip with the photos, journaling, and memorabilia I have.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

I have done strips of journaling down the side of the page when I have alot or I have done complete pages with just journaling, a photo and a few embellies with the majority of the photos on the second page of the spread.

We R Memory Keepers has different size pocket pages for 12x12 albums. You can slip your photos into the 4x6 pockets, scrapbook a 4x6 page and slip journaling into the pockets also...they have lots of different designs where you could journal on 6x12 stips vertical or horizontal with 3 4x6 pocket pages. Google them and see what you think....Good luck!

Thank you for the ideas.

That's a good idea with the We R Memory Keepers pages. I have some of the pages with 4x6 slots that I use for organizing my photos before I put them in my album. I've also used the fold out pages before but didn't think about it for journaling. I think that could work. Photos on the front and inside and journaling on the back of the flaps. I wonder if I have any left . . .

Without taking the time to read the other replies, I will just tell you what I have done in the past.

If it is really a great deal of journaling (think a full standard page), I will do one page of photos and a facing page of journaling for a double page layout. If it is a lot of journaling but not a full page, I will pick a sketch that has more spots for photos than I have photos and put a full extra 4 x 6 block of journaling in place of that extra photo(s).

If I get to a spot where I am "ahead" on photos but need to add more journaling, I might do a two page spread of JUST journaling.

Wish I had some pictures to share. I'll look and see if I can find any. Best of luck with this project..................P

This isn't a great LO, but it is a good example of a 2 page LO with one of photos and one of journaling. It is from our second family trip to Disney in 2004. HTH....................P

ry%3D400

And here is an example of a layout that is just journaling. In hindsight (this LO is at least 4 years old), I should have done the journaling in a square format.... but oh well. The left page is a "serendipity page" that DD and I made from scraps. I really wanted an opportunity to use it, since DD made it with me, but I only had the one. This seemed like a good time to use it.

ry%3D400

And here is an example of a layout that is just journaling. In hindsight (this LO is at least 4 years old), I should have done the journaling in a square format.... but oh well. The left page is a "serendipity page" that DD and I made from scraps. I really wanted an opportunity to use it, since DD made it with me, but I only had the one. This seemed like a good time to use it.

ry%3D400

I love the serendipity page. I've never heard of it before and it looks great!

I wouldn't have thought to make the journaling page square, but I think you're right that it would look good. Maybe it's just my overly logical mind wanting everything symetrical though :)

I tend to have journaling heavy LOs myself and sometimes what I've done is type it all up in Word using the column setting. That way you have control over the size and justification of your text without taking up a whole page. Then you just print and you can run your journaling down the side of your LO! I haven't figured out posting pics to my threads yet or I'd include an example of some I've done. Good luck!

For our 6 week "Life after Work" trip, I typed the (85 pages) of journaling and had it printed bound & punched at Staples, then just inserted in in the binder before the scrapped and divided pages. The scrapped pages were 'chapter' headings and had titles and captions. The divided pages went behind them and only had a 'title' section when the subject changed (call it subtitle). For example, South Carolina got a chapter page then Hilton Head, and what ever other cities I've forgotten had a title block at the beginning of the related photos in the divided pages.

That makes me feel much better about my 4,000 word trip report! I was starting to feel like I had gone overboard, but I did it for me so I realized I didn't care what anyone else thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter