• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions for soft "meals" at the parks

mombg20062009

Earning My Ears
My 11 year old nephew is headed with us to Disney in just over a week. This weekend he fell from a tree and tore up the inside of his mouth from molar on one side of his mouth to molar on the other side of his mouth. Thankfully, he has no broken bones etc. but he has a lot of stiches in his mouth. The doctor gave him the okay to come to Disney and he may eat what he can handle. My question to all of the regular disney goers: Can you give me some suggestions for soft meals and where they might be served in the different parks? Ice cream obviously for snacks but I'm trying to think of lunch and dinner. Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

We are on the quick serve dining plan, so we won't be doing any sit down meals!

Awww poor kid!!!

Mac N Cheese, PBJ are pretty much available everywhere.

Mashed potatoes are pretty standard at sit downs I'd imagine... hamburgers and hotdogs are pretty soft too (thought he may have to take out of the bun and cut into pieces).

I wonder if there are any counter service places that offer spaghetti and meatballs. Hmmm...

There's a link I'll try and find it and post back here, but you can see all the menus from all the restaurants and counter service places :) I know it's over at allears.net, not sure if the Dis has one.

Dole Whips. Scrambled eggs and pancakes--pretty well anywhere that serves a hot breakfast. Oatmeal, if he will eat it. If you go to a TS breakfast, you can probably get them to whip up a breakfast smoothie. Would he be able to eat PB&J? (I think Uncrustables are available in several locations) Yoghurt. Is he willing to eat fish--fish is easier to eat than meat if your mouth is in pain. Chocolate eclairs at the CS in France at Epcot.

Dole Whips! And I believe Columbia Harbour House has a chowder...of course with soup being at least somewhat hot... would just definitely need to let it cool.

Not at the parks, but the chicken served in the skillet at Whispering Canyon Cafe is tender, plus you get mashed potatoes, cornbread, and cole slaw. All pretty soft.

ETA-oops, I didn't see you were on the quick service plan. Sorry.

some of the ts have mickey ravioli. kona kafe has it. mama mia's at hs has pasta

Another suggestion; Most places have applesauce sides for kids and a lot of places have parfaits. I think the parfaits come with granola, but perhaps you could get it without, or scrape it off. The Kaki Gori in the Japan pavilion is also great. (Basically, shaved ice, but so much better than the norm.) Sunshine Seasons at Epcot has a huge variety and I remember seeing mashed potatoes there.

Does he like Chinese food? Lotus Blossom Cafe at Epcot would be a good choice. Yak and Yeti counter service at Animal Kingdom. There's a BBQ beef or pork sandwich at the Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom.

I don't know if you'd consider this a meal or not but most restaurants we went to served some sort of bread pudding. Eggs, bread, milk, raisins - not too bad for a meal, right :confused3. I'd have no problem living on it for a week, in fact I'm drooking at he mouth thinking about it right now.

Poor guy. I'm glad he can make the trip though. Here's some pixie dust that he has a good time and it all heals up ok :wizard:.

I would definitely do WPE, since they offer pasta, mac&cheese, soup all of which is delicious. Ak- Pizzafari at has mac&cheese and soft pizza. Yak+Yeti fried rice. Epcot -Sunshine seasons mac&chesse,soup,udon noodles, Boulangerie Patisserie quiche,chocolate mousse. DHS- Pizza planet has soft pizza, I think Mk has been covered, but you could take the monorail to Contempo Cafe, they have good pasta and plenty of other yummy choices for the rest of the family. I know you will find pasta on just about every resort cs menu.

Maybe the baked potato cart in MK for a snack? Mash it up with a fork to make it softer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter