Suggestions for sleeping arrangement in 2BR at BLT

Disneymooner07

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I am just starting to plan my family's October 2013 WDW trip!!! The crew will consist of 4 adults and 2 children - me, DH, DD1 and DD2 (who will be 4 and 2), my DMom, and DMIL.

Given the size of our group, I'm going to try and rent points for a 2BR at BLT (so we can be close to MK, where we'll spend a lot of our time). But even with the 2BR setup, I am still trying to figure out the best sleeping arrangement - it's a little tough and truthfully the Grand Villa would be best, but it's just too much money. We're really trying to avoid having anyone sleeping in the common area because we'd like to have that for chatting and coffee-drinking/snacking in the mornings and evenings when the girls are sleeping. DH and I also plan on going out some evenings to the park after the girls go to bed while the grandmas hang out in the villa, so we don't want to wake anyone when we walk in the front door late at night.

I think we'll likely have the grandmas each take a bed in the second bedroom while DH and I take the king bed in the master bedroom. Then that leaves where to put the girls. So a couple arrangements I'm considering:

1. I'm contemplating bringing a toddler Aerobed for my older daughter and renting a crib for my younger daughter and putting both of those between the king bed and the window. Do you think there's enough room there? I'm worried it'll be really tight.

2. I'm also contemplating closing off the master bathroom at night and putting the crib in there and turning it into a bedroom because my younger daughter is a very light sleeper.

3. Or is there a big closet in the second bedroom of a dedicated 2BR? We could conceivably turn that into a bedroom if it's big enough (don't worry, we leave the door open and put a monitor in there so it's not like it's closed off with no ventilation - we did this in the closet of our 1BR villa at Boardwalk last time and it worked great for our daughter.) I heard the lockoffs don't have a big closet because they turn that into the studio kitchenette, but I don't know about the dedicated 2BR.

4. Any other permutations you can think of? DH and I could take one of the beds in the second bedroom, but that still leaves where to put the girls. Sharing a bed with the girls is not a great idea because they are crazy sleepers (they get it from me :rotfl:) and none of us will sleep well :sad2:

Any suggestions or experience welcome!

why not have each g-ma take a child? They are queen beds in the 2nd bedroom and kids are tiny at that age.

~sorry I missed that part about them being wild sleepers. But that really is a small child/baby thing and they should grow out of that if they are given a twin bed to sleep in.

why not have each g-ma take a child? They are queen beds in the 2nd bedroom and kids are tiny at that age.

~sorry I missed that part about them being wild sleepers. But that really is a small child/baby thing and they should grow out of that if they are given a twin bed to sleep in.

I thought about putting one with each grandma, but I want the grandmas to be well-rested or else they get cranky :rotfl:

My older one who is 3 is in her own twin bed at home, but you should see the positions we find her in - head toward the foot of the bed, horizontal off the side, diagonal with a leg dangling off, sitting up leaning against a pillow. :confused: It's quite funny actually, but I don't think I want to subject anyone to having her sleeping next to them :) The little one is still in a crib right now, but she's showing signs of crazy sleeping like her sister...we'll see what she's doing in a year :confused3

We just returned from 8 nights in a dedicated BLT 2 bedroom. We had an odd numbered villa this trip, but have stayed twice in an even numbered villa. I personally don't think there is enough room between the balcony door and the king sized bed for a crib and air mattress - maybe one of those, but not both. The dedicated 2nd bedroom had 3 closets in it, but none were big enough for a crib or air mattress. You could fit them in the master bathroom in the sink area. Another option is if you get an odd numbered villa, the laundry room is huge and could hold the crib. If you get an even numbered villa, the laundry room is a closet, not a whole room. We had my 2 year old niece with us this trip, and she slept in the bed with either her Mom or Grandma in the 2nd bedroom. We requested bed rails from the resort, and that seemed to work out well - everyone seemed well rested during the trip.

The older one can't sleep on the pullout couch? If so, can rails be put on that? There is a pull out chair in living room too.

If they were older, I would have them sleep in the living room. If that is not an option, I agree that they should sleep with the G-Ma's.

The older one can't sleep on the pullout couch? If so, can rails be put on that? There is a pull out chair in living room too.

If they were older, I would have them sleep in the living room. If that is not an option, I agree that they should sleep with the G-Ma's.

It's not that they can't sleep on the pullout beds, it's that we would like to actually use the living room as a common area after the girls have gone to bed at night and in the morning before they wake up. So I'm just weighing my options to figure out which arrangement might work best in the space...

We recently did a two bedroom at BLT but it was a one bdrm with a lock off to a studio. But I think if you moved that short chest in the master bedroom out of the room (plenty of room in the living area) you could put the crib there and still have room to walk by. Then the aero could go next to the bed near the sliders. ;)

It's not that they can't sleep on the pullout beds, it's that we would like to actually use the living room as a common area after the girls have gone to bed at night and in the morning before they wake up. So I'm just weighing my options to figure out which arrangement might work best in the space...

Can't you let them fall asleep in your master until the adults are ready for bed and then transfer the two kids to the pullout/sleeper chair?

We recently did a two bedroom at BLT but it was a one bdrm with a lock off to a studio. But I think if you moved that short chest in the master bedroom out of the room (plenty of room in the living area) you could put the crib there and still have room to walk by. Then the aero could go next to the bed near the sliders. ;)

Ah, there's an idea to consider. :thumbsup2 It's hard to tell how big the rooms are even after looking at pictures, so getting feedback from people who have been there is really helpful. Thanks!

Can't you let them fall asleep in your master until the adults are ready for bed and then transfer the two kids to the pullout/sleeper chair?

But then we'd be out of luck for getting up and having a quiet cup of coffee in the morning before they wake up :) I consider it an amazing morning if I can just get a cup of coffee in peace and quiet in the morning and I have this dream of going out on the balcony to enjoy the sunrise with a nice cup of coffee. :love:

Truthfully, if someone ends up having to sleep out in the living room, it'll probably be DH and me so that we can keep the door to the bedroom closed and let them sleep in the mornings once we're all up. We're just trying to avoid sleeping on the pullout - somehow it doesn't feel as much like a luxurious vacation to me when I'm sleeping on a pull-out couch. Though who am I kidding - any vacation with two energetic toddlers is never going to be luxurious or relaxing! :rotfl:

The 2BR's that are in the inside of the C (ie, face the pool) have a laundry room that might have enough room for the crib. I've only viewed one, not stayed in it so I couldn't say for certain. The outerfacing rooms do not have the separate laundry room - only a laundry closet so that wouldn't work. The 2BR we had had a gigantic bathroom in the 2nd bedroom that could have held a crib and there's the 3rd full bath in the living area the GMa's could use if you really want to keep the living area open and can't fit both crib and aerobed into the master.

Oh my goodness, you really don't want to be moving the furniture around in the villa. That's how the furniture and walls and floors get damaged. Please don't do that.

And, OP, if you are renting a reservation from a member and you create damage to the villa, you will be responsible for paying for the damage.

Oh, don't worry, we wouldn't be moving anything that would damage anything! If it's not something that I can move easily (like a chair), then I assume it's not meant to be moved :)

Oh, don't worry, we wouldn't be moving anything that would damage anything! If it's not something that I can move easily (like a chair), then I assume it's not meant to be moved :)

Some people have attempted to move the sleeper chair from the living room to a bedroom. It is very heavy and shouldn't be moved from where it is located.

Some people have attempted to move the sleeper chair from the living room to a bedroom. It is very heavy and shouldn't be moved from where it is located.

Relax :) If it's that heavy, then it's not a chair that I could or would move. I think we can all agree that dining chairs and desk chairs are meant to be moved, correct? :thumbsup2

Relax :) If it's that heavy, then it's not a chair that I could or would move. I think we can all agree that dining chairs and desk chairs are meant to be moved, correct? :thumbsup2

Not really. My thoughts are they are meant to stay in the relative location you find them in. At the desk. At the table. At the counter. Not on the patio. Not to another room.

Not really. My thoughts are they are meant to stay in the relative location you find them in. At the desk. At the table. At the counter. Not on the patio. Not to another room.

I have to agree with this position! Even moving a dining room chair to the bedroom can cause a few dings in the wall on the way!

Read another thread where someone at the THVs saw someone had moved a chair out on to the deck and it stayed out there even through some rainy weather :scared1:

Oh my goodness, don't you have any faith in people? :goodvibes When I say that dining and desk chairs are meant to be moved, I mean that you actually do have to move chairs - they *have* to be moved. Yes, you need to slide the chair out and slide the chair in. It's how they are designed. It's okay! Relax, okay? :thumbsup2

I have to agree with this position! Even moving a dining room chair to the bedroom can cause a few dings in the wall on the way!

Read another thread where someone at the THVs saw someone had moved a chair out on to the deck and it stayed out there even through some rainy weather :scared1:

I in no way, shape, or form advocated moving a dining room chair to a bedroom (why would I want to do that?!?) or moving indoor furniture outdoors. Please give me some credit for not being a total dingbat! ;) I know some people are, but not everyone is, okay? :)

Plus, my guess is that the walls get dinged up far more by people just rolling their luggage in and out of the rooms than people moving furniture around - I doubt that many people are moving furniture around.

We have 2 two year olds who are not ready to sleep in a bed yet. We move furniture all the time in our DVC and regular rooms (our 6th trip with the boys is this September). We haven't moved anything super heavy (like a sleeper chair) but move chairs and smaller pieces frequently. We are careful and don't damage anything. Not sure why some have to get so worked up. We are staying in a 1 bedroom unit in September and are renting 2 cribs. I am sure we will have to move a little bit of furniture. And no, we won't damage the unit either. Be glad to let you know where we put the cribs in a few months.

We have 2 two year olds who are not ready to sleep in a bed yet. We move furniture all the time in our DVC and regular rooms (our 6th trip with the boys is this September). We haven't moved anything super heavy (like a sleeper chair) but move chairs and smaller pieces frequently. We are careful and don't damage anything. Not sure why some have to get so worked up. We are staying in a 1 bedroom unit in September and are renting 2 cribs. I am sure we will have to move a little bit of furniture. And no, we won't damage the unit either. Be glad to let you know where we put the cribs in a few months.

Oh, that would be great if you could let me know where you end up sleeping your boys! Before having kids, I never realized how complicated sleeping arrangements can get when little ones are involved. :rotfl: What with early bedtimes and naps, they take over the room! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter