Suggestions for Restaurants?

Family24

Mouseketeer
Hi - We are a family of four, two kids (10 and 14) who will be going to Disney next January. I know it is a long way off but love these boards and your advice. We have been to Disney several times mostly staying at Poly and Wilderness Lodge. This time we will be doing a split stay at Beach Club and then over to Poly which we all love. Staying CL at both places as we were pixie dusted one year and got spoiled.

My question is we have been to several restaurant but need suggestions for others we have not tried. I will list the ones we have been to so far but we are looking forward to trying some new ones in the Epcot area or anywhere else too.

1)California Grill - great meal and sushi was awesome.
2)Jiko - Probably one of our best meals
3)Artist Point - Lousy service and food was not great.
4)Coral Reef - went for lunch and had a great meal and waiter.
5)Narcosees - just ok but not that impressed.
6)Kona - Good food with good prices.
7)Whispering Canyon - good food and fun.
8)Boma - long wait with reservations but loved it. Would go back.
9)Sci - Fi - Fun, nice atmosphere and good food.
10)Le Cellier - great food. Loved it.
11)Ohana character Breakfast -daughter loved characters but worst meal.
12)Crystal Palace - Breakfast - great. Loved the characters
13)Chef Mickeys - A tradition but probably will not do since kids older.
14)Hoop dee Doo - a must every visit. Love the food and fun.

I am sure have missed some but would love more ideas for next trip. We usually like to do one or two nice sit downs such as Jiko/California grill but would like something different. How is the Italian restaurant in Italy??? Thanks for any suggestions.

Teppan Edo is a Family tradition for us...

Your kids are old enough to really enjoy it as well..

Another suggestion: 50's Prime Time at DHS....

I also don't see the CASTLE CRT on your list.. you know you have to try that at least once right?

Have a magical visit !

Mary

Flying Fish-dinner and Kouzzina-breakfast at Boardwalk are our faves in the area and only about 3-5 minute walk out of the world showcase exit at Epcot.
Bistro de Paris is now on the dining plan as well now. Haven't tried it though... not sure if your doing DDP.

Thank you. Yes, I forgot to mention we have been to Cinderella's Castle for lunch, well at least my daughter and I had a great time. Our daughter is 10 and then son 14 so we split up for a few hours. Thanks for the other suggestions and keep them coming.

Oh- will not be on the Dining Plan just too much food with concierge. We usually just eat in the lounge for breakfast and have a snack in the afternoon or late lunch and then a sit down dinner. Of course, we have a non-stop eating 14 year old son but will give him some snacks throughout the day to keep him going.

I would suggest trying these:

Via Napoli- Italy
50's Prime Time- DHS
Chefs de France- France
Beaches and Cream- Beach Club (Not at the level of your others, but fun and good ice cream!)

Another vote for Flying Fish dinner and Kouzzina breakfast, during your BC stay. Also consider Il Mulino and Kimono's at the Swan. Enjoy!!

We love O'hana's for dinner, lots of meat, fantastic meal. We usely go to DTD and we love Wolfgang Puck restauant, great food.

Thanks everyone. Beaches and Cream will be a must at least once. Our family loves ice cream. I have always wanted to try Flying Fish so maybe this trip. Is Cape May worth the price - we do love seafood. It was so much easier when our daughter was at the kids prices now we have two adults plus us. Thanks again.

Citricos -- fine dining and food is on par with Cal Grill
Ohana dinner -- all-you-can-eat beef, pork, turkey and shrimp on skewers brought to your table constantly. Great view of castle if in main part of dining room
Biergarten -- great German buffet. Live entertainment. (Though you will be seated at a long table of 8 with other guests, which some people may not like)
Cape May Clambake dinner -- all-you-can-eat crab legs, steamed clams, mussels, corn on cob, ribs, pastas, lots of unique salads and side dishes

Finally, not sure how formal you're looking to go, but since your kids are 10 or over, you could consider Victoria & Albert's. Wildly expensive, jackets required for men, but it's one of the best restaurants in US.

We love to use our own resorts restaurants to really get into the spirit of things. We have not dined at BC/YC, but hope to try Yachtsman this trip. When we eventually stay at BC/YC we will absolutely try Cape May for both breakfast and dinner.

In the general vicinity of BC, we love Flying Fish, Biergarten and Les Chefs de France. At the Poly, you MUST try dinner at 'Ohana. It is one of our favorite all-time meals, and we go almost every trip, cannot miss when we stay at the Poly. We are also big HDDR fans. It's our only must-do. One of my kids' new favorites is Raglan Road. They love the atmosphere, with the rowdy crowd, the band and the step dancers (who don't perform on Sundays).

Our fav's are Teppan Edo, Cape May Clambake, and Yak&Yeti. The food is very good at all of them, and Teppan Edo is entertaining! The Cape May buffet is the best buffet at WDW, alot of varieties, and very good crab legs!

Since your family liked Jiko so well,you may enjoy Sanaa in the AK Villas & Kouzzina's in the Boardwalk area. Flying Fish is a definite winner as well!
I'd also suggest you Artist Point another try since it's been so long since you were there.
Also, Via Napoli, La Hacienda, and Wolfgang Puck's Cafe @ DTD are some good choices.

If you like seafood, Fulton's in DTD is one of our favorites. It was just placed on the DDP for the first time (it's a 2TS restaurant). HDDR is a must for all of our visits but we also liked Whispering Canyon Cafe and Le Chefs of France. We do like Cape May for both breakfast and dinner.

Thanks everyone. I think we are definitely going to try Cape May dinner the whole family loves seafood. Thanks for all your input. Can't wait to try all the different restaurants. I think Flying Fish looks good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter