Suggestions for Resort WL or POFQ?

litlkar

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. Trying to decide where to stay for our Dec trip. We normally stay at the POFQ. Although my family & I really love it @ the POFQ, I would like to try a deluxe resort. It seems like as far as budget goes, the WL might be the only one we can do. SO, would it be worth it to stay @ WL, or stick with the POFQ.

I would like to know as well. Last time we stayed at POFQ. It was nice, and enjoyed the size of the resort. However, next time I want a step above (without paying the prices of the other deluxe resorts).

Last time we went to POFQ it was right before the rehab started and we could tell it needed help. How is WL doing? Will I be sorry. Planning of August 2012.

Another requestion about WL. I really enjoyed the size and selection of the food court at POFQ. How is the WL. From what I could tell there wasn't even seating for breakfast at the Roaring Fork (just using snack credits most likely for a bagel, cereal etc).

Thanks again!

Animal Kingdom Lodge has about the same pricing as WL. A deluxe studio will run a little bit more (maybe $25/night) than the other two.

In my opinion WL and AKL are the two best themed resorts at Disney. They are a little more out of the way than other deluxes but I'm guessing that's part of why they are cheaper.

I've got to say, after all our trips, based on location, price and theming....WL wins, wins, wins.....It's a very compact resort...easy access to food, transportation, pool and easy access to FW and CR to catch the monorail....WL gives you the option to visit the resorts in the monorail loop via a boat to CR, and the boat to FW for some great buffet (Trails End) can't be beat...we enjoy the EWP each night, movies on the beach each night too, great walking trail to FW and boat and bike rentals to explore the lakes and grounds is just a plus....

Roaring Forks small? Not to us, the serving area is decent and there's seating on the opposite side, some in the hall, plus tables and chairs just outside plus the whole pool area. It's just like the other resorts, get there at the wrong time and yes, it's congested...go alittle early or alittle late for meals.....heck, if your room is really close, get food and enjoy in your room....

We've done alot of the deluxes and best overall, without all the hype, hoopla and problems.....we're going back to the Lodge...last stay we got a fantastic rate for OKW (never stayed there before) and decided to try it....mistake on our part...we know what we like and where we want to be and OKW was not all that great in relation to our past trips to WDW...Learned our lesson, no more hunting around and being lured by CM deals....WL or nothing...when you enter the lobby, it says, WOW, you check in and they say "Welcome Home" and we get a sniff of the atmosphere, no matter home many times we've been there before, we still get excited like it's our first time.....you see the gift shop and totem, see the spring gurggling and follow it out and the stream makes it way to the pool....you hear the ferry boat toot its whistle...nothing could say it better.......the wow factor of the whole resort is beyond comprehension, you have to try it.....44 trips to WDW and alot of the resorts under our belts but thru the past 15 years, WL comes on top over all the other resorts...

Just wanted to add, when we pull up on property and make that trun to WL, we see the car port, stop and start unloading, nothing gets us as much as arriving to the Lodge...thru the huge door and we're inside....after a long train trip we're so, it's our home for the next 9-12 days, nothing could be better. For the POFQ person, the inside halls, A/C all the way and if it's hot or raining never having to venture outside is heaven.....we like POFQ, never stayed there but visit each trip...bus to the MK, catch the POFQ bus, we like the meatball sandwiches there and like catching the entertainer there at the Scat Cat Club and then taking the boat to DTD, do a walk about and bussing back to the Lodge...great way to spend an evening outside of the parks....

We like POFQ but WL is so much nicer to us. The reasons we enjoy WL...
1) we live the theming and the lobby is beautiful.
2) The rooms are connected right to the lobby so walking outside when it's raining is not necessary.
3) There are two great transportation options (boats and buses)
4) You can see the water parade from the beach.
5) You can get to the monorail resorts very quickly for tons for food options
6) the pool may not be any bigger, but we love the atmosphere (geyser, two hot tubs, etc)
7) Three food options (Roaring forks is a little smaller, but sufficient). We often take our food outside to eat in the pool area. Very quiet and enjoyable.
QS is smaller due to two other food options. POFQ only has one food option.

We like POFQ but WL is so much nicer to us. The reasons we enjoy WL...
1) we live the theming and the lobby is beautiful.
2) The rooms are connected right to the lobby so walking outside when it's raining is not necessary.
3) There are two great transportation options (boats and buses)
4) You can see the water parade from the beach.
5) You can get to the monorail resorts very quickly for tons for food options
6) the pool may not be any bigger, but we love the atmosphere (geyser, two hot tubs, etc)
7) Three food options (Roaring forks is a little smaller, but sufficient). We often take our food outside to eat in the pool area. Very quiet and enjoyable.
QS is smaller due to two other food options. POFQ only has one food option.

I completely agree with this. :thumbsup2 WL at Christmastime is so beautiful. You won't regret your decision to stay there. :goodvibes

Hi everyone. Trying to decide where to stay for our Dec trip. We normally stay at the POFQ. Although my family & I really love it @ the POFQ, I would like to try a deluxe resort. It seems like as far as budget goes, the WL might be the only one we can do. SO, would it be worth it to stay @ WL, or stick with the POFQ.

We've never stayed at POFQ but WL is one of our favorites, especially during Christmas time :santa:. I think it's definitely worth it to stay at WL :thumbsup2. The grounds are beautiful and we love taking the boat to MK :goodvibes.

Another requestion about WL. I really enjoyed the size and selection of the food court at POFQ. How is the WL. From what I could tell there wasn't even seating for breakfast at the Roaring Fork (just using snack credits most likely for a bagel, cereal etc).

Thanks again!

We love Roaring Forks :). It's not so much a food court like the moderates, but it does have a good variety, IMO ;). As far as seating......there are no tables where you order and get your food, but just in the next room over there is seating :goodvibes.

We love WL and are going at Christmas this year for the first time! Just got back and had a bounce back offer for 40% off!

We loved WL!

We like the mods for the price, but staying at WL for us was a definite treat! I would love to go back there.

I would say if you can swing it this time do it. You always know that you like POFQ so you have something to go back to. But it may be hard to go back after WL...just saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter