Suggestions For Our 10 Year Anniversary Trip (with kids)

AndyMcV

DIS Veteran
Hi Gang

We're going to WDW in June and we're taking our DS8 and DD4. We're also staying at the Dolphin.

So, I need your advice and suggestions. I'd like to add a some magic for my DW since we are going days after our 10 year wedding anniversary. This trip is kind of our present to each other. Can you please offer me some of your experience and advice? I'd like to make this an extra special trip for her. :goodvibes

Andy

I would get in touch with guest relations and see what they can help you arrange. A friend of mine was a CM and she told me that they always tried to add an extra bit of magic.

spa treatment at one of the WDW hotels, book kids on pirate cruise (2.5 hrs in the AM) leaving out of Grand Floridian, then take her to breakfast at GF alone. Same idea with kids night--several WDW hotels offer supervised kids' centers that kids can go to and you can go out to dinner alone.
You might be able to get Mickey to call with a Anniv. greeting, as well. congrats! Elaine

Order something special from private dining. On our first wedding anniverary we stayed at the Swan and I ordered chocolate covered strawberries, they were waiting in our room for us right after our dinner at the California Grill.

I'd also drop the kids at a kid's club or hire Kid's Nite Out (which I'm doing since my youngest is too young for the kids club) and go have a romantic dinner. We're going to Narcoossee's at the GF. California Grill and Brown Derby are our other favorites.

I'm always running off to the spa on vacation. The SSR Spa has a large facility and offers more treatments than the GF Spa, but the GF Spa is more convenient.

You could give her an envelope with Disney Dollars and tell her to have a lovely time shopping by herself for a few hours ;) Who doesn't love to shop!

You could send her or go together for afternoon tea at the GF. Many woman do this alone and read a book or magazine. It's such a relaxing beautiful restaurant. Or you could enroll the kid's at a class at the GF, and join your wife for tea. They have a cooking class, tea party and pirate cruise for the kids.

You could send her on a Segway tour of epcot. I'm sending DH on a Fort Wilderness Segway tour for Father's day. He's also doing the Richard Petty NASCAR Experience, the Segway is a surprise.

You could rent a Pontoon boat from the YC/BC Marina and go on an Illuminations cruise (with the kids). Or Wishes cruise near MK. That's rather inexpensive and includes the entire family.

The ideas are endless.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter