Suggestions for NYE this year?

discookiemonsta

Mouseketeer
We will be at Disney for Christmas and New Year's Eve this year. We have been to Disney 9 times already. This will be our 6th Christmas there. We have never been there for NYE though.

We will be staying at AoA with four kids (two teenagers and two toddlers).

I'm really trying to get some non-park ideas for NYE. I am certain we don't want to brave a park that evening, but have no clue as to what else would be fun to do.

Any suggestions?

For the last two NYE we have gone to Raglan Road at Disney Springs. So much fun for NYE! Music, dancing and lots of celebration, but all very family friendly! They pass out NYE celebration streamers, whistles, hats/crowns, and also champagne for the adults right before the count down.

Being there at midnight this year was really spectacular as the show was beyond amazing! However, the previous year we had earlier reservations at 6pm or so and they celebrate the New Year at 7PM since that is when it is Midnight in Ireland. That worked well for our toddlers that year.

One thing to keep in mind is that on NYE you can only sit at your table for two hours, so if you want to be there at midnight you would need a 10PM reservation.

Finally, traffic is insane that night so consider taking a bus over driving if possible. The garages can be full, and it can take a very long time to get out after midnight.

We plan to go back this year for NYE again because we have had the best time the last two years.

We are doing Christmas and NYE this year. But I really want to be in Epcot! So hopefully DH will be able to handle the madness :)

We are doing Christmas and NYE this year. But I really want to be in Epcot! So hopefully DH will be able to handle the madness :)

I considered Epcot as a park to do, but I have a fear the fireworks will just be extremely loud for my two toddlers. The late night, crowds and transportation waits are less of a big deal. We are used to those.

We were there this past NYE. We did the NYE Pixar Party at the Contemporary. We had a really good time. They had a lot of characters there, including some more rare ones. Also, you can find a time to jump in line without a lot of people. There were 6 groups of 2 (so 12 characters). My favorites were Dug & Russell and Jessie & Bullseye (others were Joy & Sadness, Buzz & Woody, Mike & Sully, Mr. & Mrs. Incredible). The dinner was pretty good. You also get alcoholic beverages. It ran from 8-12 and you watched fireworks from outside of the Contemporary. It also included transportation back to your resort that left at two different times in the night (in case you want to leave early). We were staying at BLT, so I didn't experience that. Also, we went back to our room to watch the fireworks, so I can't speak to the view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter