Suggestions for Money

mkstlowe

Mouseketeer
Okay here is the deal! My DH said we can go back to Disney once he gets his new double driveway! So I'm good with going in 2013 around Christmas time. So that means I need to have a money for a Driveway in 2012. Last year I did get a small bonus that paid for our airfare and some of the trip we took in 2011. I can't count on if that will happen again. So I will do surverys etc on online to earn few bucks here and there. Any good places? I'm also going to watch every single penny and budget, budget, budget. My #'s say if we do this right we can do both. I know that things come up so I'm good with planning 2012 drive way and 2013 Disney trip.

I just need ways to start earning some extra money that is easy and not another full time job.

Thanks

Not sure if you have looked into cost, but in the midwest your driveway will cost bewteen $4-$6 a square foot for concrete (remove old, frame, pour and finish. I am looking at replacing mine and it's a small fortune.

Also since the city "owns and maintains" the sidewalk and part bewteen the sidewalk & street, normally the thickest/deepest part of the drive, I figure I will let them replace it when the time is right. I am not to worried about the conrete matching, in 30 or 40 years you won't be able to tell.

I live in the East coast. I"m told right now it would be about $8 Square foot. Not sure if that would include removal. We had the apron done when we had to do curbs a couple of years ago. That cost me about 3k. Right now we have a black top 1 1/2 driveway. so we want that all gone and double drive way to match the apron. So I figured as I"m saving to complete this project I can also save for disney by doing surveys etc. I see people who are earning DGC. Just don't know where and how. Yard sale is an option this summer. We also have a Yard sale for the area on Facebook. I just dont like people I don't know coming to my house, I find that strange that people allow strangers in. Now I do have 2 American Bulldogs, but still not sure about that.

Does anyone know how big a dobule driveway would be? Right now we do hae 2 gargae bays.

I could ask my DH but then he will say don't worry the job will cost what it cost.

I use Sunshine Rewards to do some surveys. I see people who earn pretty well but I don't get very much, maybe $20-50 a month. I don't put much time into it though since I usually just work on surveys while I watch TV at night.

It seems as though many people get money on Sunshine through shopping online since you will get a small % when you shop through their links. I did that in the beginning and it helped build up my account faster but then I realized that my 2 credits cards Chase Freedom and Discover offered a bigger % to shop through them. I did all of my xmas shopping through Discover and just paid it off right away, now I have an extra $100 from cashback that I can save for Disney.

I know it sounds cheesy, but my husband and I toss $20 in a cardboard box on our dresser every Thursday. At year's end, we have over $1000 in it. :thumbsup2

Check the state treasurer's website of every state you have lived in for unclaimed funds, be sure to check your maiden name too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter