Suggestions for grocery stop on Thanksgiving?

HayGan

We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b
We are arriving at AKV on Thanksgiving morning and we need a few groceries for the next morning. We usually go to Publix but I called them and they will be closed on Thanksgiving day. Any suggestions where I can get some groceries nearby? (I know I can get some stuff in the market but I need some things that they just don't have.)

There is a Winn Dixie a little bit east of Publix (maybe a mile or two). I prefer Publix but that Winn Dixie is better than some others I've been to. There is a Super Target across from Publix that you could also check.

ETA: I assumed you meant the Publix on 192 since that one is closest to AKV. The WD and ST are relative to that Publix location.

Winn Dixie's are always open on holidays. Winn Dixie is less expensive and comes in handy in a pinch when all of the other stores are closed.

I know our local Walmart is open Thanksgiving so I would assume nation wide they are.

Denise in MI

Thanks for all the suggestions.

You may want to check with one of the grocery delivery services such as Garden Grocer. Not sure if they deliver that day or not, but worth a shot.

Garden Grocer is a delivery service and even if they do not deliver on Thanksgiving day, I bet that it would be okay with DVC if you had them delivered the day before...they have refrigerators at the Bell stand for grocery deliveries. We always have ours waiting for us when we arrive. Just a thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter