Suggestions for donating points

mydogdrew

DIS Veteran
We have 24 points in holding that we cant use. I would like to donate them if possible to a charity. I assume I would book a couple of studio nights much like a rental transaction.

Has anyone done this - if so any thoughts about groups that could use this?

It might be a tough thing to do. You need to provide a value for the donation and it is reported to the IRS. There will be coordination responsibilities and some work on your part.

Please be aware that donating points or a reservation is not tax deductible. Only if you were to donate your entire ownership would it be tax deductible.

But, it is a nice charitable way to take care of some extra points.

You could try to rent a reservation and donate the money you get to a charity.

I contacted Give the Kids the World and offered a weekend stay to volunteers of their choosing. I got a very nice thank you and I'm glad we did it. It wasn't done for a tax deduction, it was done so someone could use the points that we couldn't. It was a way to say Thank you for people who help others.

Bobbi:goodvibes

You could try to rent a reservation and donate the money you get to a charity.

I contacted Give the Kids the World and offered a weekend stay to volunteers of their choosing. I got a very nice thank you and I'm glad we did it. It wasn't done for a tax deduction, it was done so someone could use the points that we couldn't. It was a way to say Thank you for people who help others.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Great idea - I'm not looking for a tax deduction either. I will contact them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter