• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Suggestions for Dinner on first night of DW trip

lightmoonstone

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I am going to DW on Oct 31 (87 days lefts and counting!!) and would like to know of any resort restaurants where I could celebrate with my mom. It is our second mother-daughter trip and we are celebrating the end of her cancer treatments :]

If anyone could suggest a restaurant, that would be great.

On our last trip we mainly ate at the theme parks and our only ADR was Cinderella's Royal table, so we'd like somewhere new!

Thanks in advance

:)

A fun place is at Ohana, and Wishes will play that night. A more laid back place is Olivias or Kona.

Cool! I always wanted to go to Ohana! Will try that one out for sure...assuming I can get a reservation.

Thank you, jimmytammy!

Do you want Characters?
1900 Park Fare is awesome. It is a buffet with Cinderella, Stepmother. sisters and Prince. They are so funny.
Cape May is also a buffet...no characters. It is a must do for us every trip.
This is at Downtown Disney Raglan Road...our most favorite of all! It is Irish Pub food with live music and dancers. It does get pretty loud when the band is playing.
Good luck with your choice and I hope you both have a great trip. Hope your mom stays healthy! :hug:

If you are looking for upscale or fine dining I say California Grill.
If you are looking for fun, laid back and just great food, Via Napoli.
If you are looking for character dining 1900 Park Fare.
If you don't like any of the suggestions above, I say Chefs de France-Viva la France!

Enjoy!
Bex

Kona's in the Poly is good for steak O Hana's good and also in the Poly. hope you got the free dining offer that is out there. we go October 28 for two weeks. captains grill is also good. our first night after we get settled we go to DTD and then eat at Rain Forest in DTD then get to bed early as we do not sleep the night before as were so excited. and were adults.. it is just our thing

I'd just be cautious of making an ADR for the first night that requires a credit card guarantee. You just never know with flight delays (assuming that you are flying).

One trip, we were supposed to arrive at MCO at 10:30am, and never landed until 5pm...we had the Luau at the Polynesian scheduled that night and literally rushed to get there.

Another trip we had a 2pm scheduled arrival, and a 7pm reservation at Wolfgang Puck, we ended up getting there after 10:30pm.

Robin_K: Thanks! We're hoping she stays better, too! After all that she she has been through, I can't think of anyone who deserves a trip to DW more than my mom! I forgot about Raglan Road! I think I am so hyped about the trip that I am forgetting some of my favourites! Oops!

poly_princess: I have a res. for Chefs du France the day after! I think it will be hard to decide what to pick there! Everything looks so good! I've never eaten there, but my mom is obsessed with all things French, so that was the first res. I made!

Canopynut66: I totally understand, I am already so excited and I have so long to wait!!!!! I wish October would get here already!

CaliforniaDreaming: Good advice! I know we always have to be careful with flights, but I hope it all goes smoothly and will certainly take your suggestion to heart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter