Suggestions for comfortable shoes in the parks?

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
No offense but something besides Crocs. ;) Crocs and similar shoes just don't work well for me. I usually wear sneakers but we're going in August so those will be hot. I like sandals but I've had problems with blisters when it's hot out. Flip flops are OK but I'm still worried about blisters.

What do you wear all day that stays comfortable?

Keen Newport H2. Great shoes (I have worn them the last 3 trips to WDW in August).

Yellow Box flip flops! They are very cushion-y and you can't even feel the thing between your toes! They're comfortable and cute! You can get them in all kinds of prints and colors!

ShoesandGifts009.jpg

I took the suggestions from here and purchased Teva Mush sandals and Teva flip flops..I have been wearing them and love the comfort.
The only thing I found was the bottom of my foot toward the front seemed to be doing some rubbing.

They also recommend switching off shoes...from one to the other.

I am leaving tomorrow morning for a week with the mouse and I will let you know how they worked for me.:thumbsup2

I also have the issue of blisters and flat feet and I would take foot pain over blisters any day.

I have bought all the other things they suggested...mole skin and glide so this is a test to what works for me...

BArb

My favorites are Privo's- I think they are made by Clarks. Super duper comfortable. They have all different styles but I like the ones that have a gym shoe like bottom but look like mary jane type sandals on top.

Not to brag or anything but on my last trip I had several people come up and ask me about them. lol

Like you not a fan of crocks they actually hurt my feet!

We bring two pairs of quality walking sneakers. I prefer Reebok DMX as they really absorb the constant shock to the bones of walking so much.

The idea of two pairs is that each has different spots where rubbing occurs on your feet. Changing them gives your feet a break instead of constantly rubbing on the same spots several days in a row.

We also use BodyGlide which is a lubricant stick you wipe on your feet before putting shoes on. It really really helps prevent blisters from walking all day. Its available at most sports stores such as REI, hiking shops and some shoe stores.

You can never go wrong with walking or running shoes. I have some pretty comfy sandals but I don't think I could walk 5+ miles in them. The straps would rub a blister with that many walking or my feet would just ache from the lack of overall support. Many of the newer styles of running shoes have upper mesh tops. They are much cooler than all leather kinds. My most recent purchases I made sure they have the mesh uppers that I can see thru the thin material. In fact I bought some this winter and couldn't wear them because they were to well ventilated and made my toes cold.

I am a flip flop loving girl, love my Teva Mush, love my Reefs, but I cannot do them at WDW. Sneakers for me, but in the summer it's Keen's. DD and I both wear our Keen's out all summer long :)

I like Clarks too and wearing socks is also a good idea. My first trip to WDW (in 1996) I wore comfortable loafers that felt like slippers, but no socks. Before long, my entire baby toe was a giant blister.

FITFLOPS!!! I cannot stress these enough. I have horrible feet...these are AMAZING!! :thumbsup2

I will be bringing my Keens when I go in October. I just love them, they're so comfortable, and you can get them wet.

A really high quality running shoe would be great, especially ones that have some mesh on the top (in case of lots of rain). I just got a pair of Nike Air Alaris + 3 MSL and they are very comfortable! I put them with running socks that wick moisture and cushion the feet from the Gold Toe people, and it's a very nice combination. If you switched nice running shoes with another shoe or a sandal, then I think your feet will be good. I'm also packing blister blockers and moleskin in case anything happens.

I have super-cushiony Clarks sandals that I think will be my go-to shoes on our trip next month. They haven't done Disney, but they've done Sea World here in Texas and they felt great.

I have to have a very low heel. Flat shoes usually hurt my arches.

Jackie

I usually wear my New Balance tennies, but I am going to try my Keens this time. They have the cushion like an athletic shoe, but they can get wet and dry fast. I also recommend Blister Block by Bandaid. I rub that on my heel and around my toes and it works great!

I always, always wear New Balance walking sneakers, however, in the Parks last Aug I got SUCH a blister!! This never happened before, I think my poor hot feet were rubbing against my socks. I made do with flip flops for the rest of my trip, but that's really not my preference! I bought the Lands End Trekker sandals a month ago, and have been wearing them around the house, etc, to see how they do. So far, they're very comfy, have much more foot protection than a flip flop, and I'm planning to bring them to Disney coming Aug. Now, they're not as pretty as my sparkly flipflops, but I think the comfyness of these trumps the pretty!! Here's hoping they work out!!!!

I am planning to alternate between my Nike Shox and a pair of super comfortable Skechers sandals. I did buy the body glide and moisture wicking socks to hopefully prevent any foot problems.

Can somebody recommend something for a wide foot and high arch? I have custom insoles I put in my tennis shoes and can never wear sandals all day since I can't customize the fit. I almost can never find shoes wide enough though. Usually a regular wide doesn't cut it. I can never find good shoes.
Crocs don't work for me due to not enough arch support. Would love to have a pair though! I was excited to hear of fitflops but since they only come in medium width, I know there is no way they will ever work for me.
Thanks for any help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter