Suggestions for character meals

masim

Mouseketeer
Looking for some opinions on the best character meals for a 4 year old girl, who loves all characters. We are looking to do either the HDDR or MBBBQ, and a definite character breakfast, then either a character lunch or dinner.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Depends what characters she's into - Our daughter's favorite meal was at Cinderella's Royal Table at the castle. All the princesses are there and it was great!!

What a fun age!

MBYBBQ is more of a character dance party than meet and greet--click here to read about our experience.

Another idea would be Play n' Dine at Hollywood & Vine at Disney's Hollywood Studios for breakfast or lunch--one of few character lunches that are available other than Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, or Akershus Storybook Dining.

Have a great trip!:)

I have always had great experiences at the Crystal palace, Garden grill, and the Norway princess breakfast (this one is particularly a great memory, when i was little I was chosen as princess of the day and got some fun gifts that came with it :)). I hope that you and your daughter have a wonderful trip :)

Thanks for the info! I enjoyed the reviews of HDDR ans MBBBQ, but still am torn about which to choose. Although everyone raves about the HDDR, it seems very corny, which my husband will hate, and I don't think a 4 year old will get. Seems that you did enjoy the BBQ, so that may be the way we will go. Am thinking about Askerhaus and Tusker House as our other character meals, one probably an early breakfast, the other either lunch or dinner. What do you think?

Breakfast: 'Ohana at the Poly
Lunch: Hollywood 'n Vine at HS

DD is 2 (3 next month) and loves both!

We our fans of the BBQ. As for other options, as long as everybody is a Winnie the Pooh fan, we find breakfast at the Crystal Palace to be an excellent breakfast option. As for lunch, we love the Garden Grill. Plenty of character interaction and you won't go away hungry.

4 is such a great age!!! My daughter is 12 and still thinks the castle is a 'must do' for our trips!!!! We've eaten at Norway too, but she was much less impressed with it than the castle~ something about eating in 'the' castle with the princesses. At age 4, she was convinced that Cinderella's bedroom was upstairs and that you could climb the tower to see Tinkerbell! LOL Another favorite of the whole family is Crystal Palace~ we travel with my whole side of the family and all agree that Crystal Palace is a must do. Have a blast!!! 4 is such a magical age at Disney!

I have 2 daughters, 8 & 5, and they both love 1900 Park Fare for dinner! Their favorite part is Prince Charming, and they love meeting Cinderella and Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters. We also really enjoy Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House at AK. Donald is there greeting, and then you get to meet Daisy, Mickey and Goofy. They do a fun parade around the room, and my girls love it! They have now added a character lunch at Tusker House, so we are hoping to try that. Those are probably our 2 favorite character meals, although we have tried almost all of them and have enjoyed most of them quite a lot. One thing I recommend is try to get the very first seating (or as early as possible) for breakfast wherever you go. It really makes a difference in your seating time and getting a great start to your day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter