Suggestions for Brake Controller

Live4FW

<font color=darkorchid>Camperteer<br> <font color=
Hi all,

We are leaving for the Fort on Friday and this weekend our old truck gave up the ghost. I was able to get a real good deal on a new (demo) 2500 Ram Cummins QC.

It is all rigged up but I need a brake controller. I have been using a Tekonsa Envoy and want to get a bit better unit.

Also, does anyone know if this is a plug-in or hardwire situatuation.

I will also probably check on RV.net but thought I would check here first.

Hi all,

We are leaving for the Fort on Friday and this weekend our old truck gave up the ghost. I was able to get a real good deal on a new (demo) 2500 Ram Cummins QC.

It is all rigged up but I need a brake controller. I have been using a Tekonsa Envoy and want to get a bit better unit.

Also, does anyone know if this is a plug-in or hardwire situatuation.

I will also probably check on RV.net but thought I would check here first.

the dodge has a plug and play harness for brake controllers, i got the same truck but 05. i like the prodigy controller personally, but i got it free(trade in vehicle when i was a mechanic,customer said i could have it)

thanks, I am leaning towards the P3.

I'd go with the Prodigy.

Curious? Why do you prefer the prodigy over the newer P3? It is about a $40 difference.

I will admit there are a lot more bells and whistles on the P3 that I will probably never really utilize.

Curious? Why do you prefer the prodigy over the newer P3? It is about a $40 difference.

I will admit there are a lot more bells and whistles on the P3 that I will probably never really utilize.

Before I bought my F-250, I was looking into upgrading to a Prodigy. I had read a lot of good reviews on RV.net from people who owned them. They said that the trailer braking was very smooth without the jerking you get from cheaper brake controllers. My F-250 has an integrated brake controller already (which works very well), so I didn't need one after all.
I'd go to RV.net and ask about them there. Hope this helps.

My F-250 has an integrated brake controller already (which works very well), so I didn't need one after all.

That was the one thing I was really hoping to get on my next TV.

I appreciate everyone's opinions. I am going to go look at some tomorrow at my RV store. I have always heard great things about the Prodigy and this new P3 "looks" pretty cool but not sure I really need it and could save a few bucks but still have a great controller.

Another vote for the prodigy controller. I got it two years ago and am very pleased with it

Did it. Just purchased the Prodigy P3. Also picked up the harness that just plugs in. Man this is easy.

Thanks for all the help.

If they were still available the Jordan Ultima was one of the best controllers out there. It uses a cable connection to the brake pedal resulting in much more reliable braking control. It takes a few extra minutes to install because of the connection to the pedal, but is worth in my opinion. I'm not sure what happened to Jordan, you can still find information here http://www.bestbrakecontroller.com/, but nobody has the controller available for sale.

I would go to rv.net to ask the people there. The people here are a bunch of cotton headed ninny muggins.

I was going to put my 2 cents worth in and say go P3 but ya beat me to it. I just got mine a few weeks ago and towed with it last weekend 5 hr round trip. Man is that one nice controller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter