Suggestions for Anniversary

Honeymoon2004

Earning My Ears
DH and I are going back to Disney for our second anniversary. We spent our honeymoon there in 2004 and loved it. Any suggestions for romantic dining and things to do?

Thanks, Kim :bride:

My dh and I are going for our 3rd this year. I am considering having a gift basket made up with Mickey wine glasses and chocolates in it waiting for when we arrive. I was going to post a link but I have not reached the minimum number of posts yet. The name of the site for where I plan on ordering it from is peggys sweets and more.

DH and I have spent more than half of our anniversaries at WDW. One thing we do, is wait until we are there to buy each other an anniversary gift, since the trip is the big gift to both of us. It is fun to watch DH, and to watch him watch me, while we are in the stores. On the anniversary day, we split up for a short time, to go shopping for the other. It is great fun to meet up again, and present each other with our anniversary gifts. DH has bought me some nice Disney jewlery, to commemorate our time at the parks.

That is our standard, but we have done other things on other years. One year, I had a basket delivered to the room with wine, cheese, flowers, glasses, and disney snacks. Last year we had dinner at V&A's. Whatever you do, it will be special - Enjoy! And Happy Anniversary. :love:

On our 9th, last year, we stayed at the AKL Concierge especially for the Wanyama Safari and dinner at Jiko's, and the sunrise safari at the park with breakfast at tusker house. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
This year, 10th, we are taking another couple who are celebrating their 10th, and our favorite pastor and wife down for an awsome romantic dinner at Victoria and Albert's Chef Table. WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Kids stay home for our anniversary trips.....
:thumbsup2

On my husbands 40th birthday I utilized the services of Gifts of a Lifetime (google it) and it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I pre sent his b-day present to them and they sent us on a treasure hunt through the Magic Kingdom. It lasted about 3 hours and involved finding clues, interacting with cast members all while going on rides and touring the parks. They set it all up and at the end he found his presents. It's pricey but I highly reccommend it.

Honeymoon2004 said:
DH and I are going back to Disney for our second anniversary. We spent our honeymoon there in 2004 and loved it. Any suggestions for romantic dining and things to do?

Here is a link to the website I just finished with the details and some pictures from the surprise trip I did for my wife on our 10th anniversary:

http://www.susanandbob.com

Several nice things in there, I think. Feel free to use the email link there or PM me here if you want additional details about anything. I'm in the process of creating an "information" section with more detailed information on some things and contact numbers, costs, times, etc.

Bob

Bob great trip report!!! :thumbsup2 Loved all the details and it sounded like a wonderful trip. Going to try and use some of the ideas, thanks.

Honeymoon2004 said:

Eventhough I've never eaten there, it seems that everyone loves Victoria and Albert's at the GF. I think it is one of the nicest restaurants at WDW, and it seems that in the TR's that I've read that DISers tend to book there for a romantic occasion. You might also want to check out the wedding pavilion at the GF if you've never seen it. The chapel is very romantic with a fabulous view thru the window up front. Great spot for a romantic picture spot if you can get someone to snap the two of you. Have fun. Ed

DH and I are going to Mexico for our 10 year anniversary but we will also celebrate at the Grand Floridian during Christmas! We are staying the 23rd and 24th. On the 23rd we are getting a couples massge in the spa followed by dinner at Victoria and Alberts. I am still working on the 24th. We may have dinner on our balcony from private dining as we booked a lagoon view. Thinking of a carriage ride at WL as well! Maybe rent a pool cabana for the day depending on the weather. Have fun planning!

I might be a little late for this thread (but I just found it).

My dh & I went to WDW in may to celebrate our 15th anniversary. Someone suggestioned to me to mention to everyone we met (cast members in particular) why were at WDW and it was great. On our first day at MK we came across a photopass CM and we mentioned to hm we were celebrating our anniversary. He sent us to the Town Hall and we got pins that said "Magical Wishes" and had a Mickey & Minnie (as a bride & groom) on it. We wore them every day we were there and everyone (CMs & characters - like Snow White, Alladdin & Jasmine, Mary Poppins & Alice in Wonderland to name a few) all congratulated us.

At Epcot while we were waiting to eat at the restaurant in the Canadien pavilion, we received a call from Mickey & Minnie congratulating us on our anniversary too.

Also, we stayed at Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds and one night at dinner at the Tavern our waitress surprised us with a certificate entitled "certifiable magical moment" and a strawberry shortcake for two in honor of our anniversary.

So my advice is tell EVERYONE!

hugs,

:blush: We have been to DW for many Anniversary trips. Since we were married Oct 31 (halloween) it is a great time to go.

My wife remembers the small things that I did to make her trip nice. I took a small battery candle with me and late one night and we danced by the fountain to music only we could hear.

I also took her dancing during a late night laundry run at Port Orleans.

Also, done hidden love notes ( Hide in Pockets, in napkins, ect), flowers in the room, long late night peaceful walks or boat rides, so you can talk.

Sometimes the smallest things make the longest memories.:wizard:

:donald: (Armand) & :ccat: (Shaughn)

We celebrated our 25th anniversary with afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian and it was a wonderful experience.Admittedly for the older married couples but the magic was :love: still there !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter