Suggestions for a thank you gift

FlyingDumbo

DIS Veteran
I saw a hometown t-shirt that I was really excited about and posted about it on facebook. A family member went ahead on her own sent me 2 shirts, and a bunch of other costly hometown gifts, she probably spent close to $100. She refused to accept any payment for it. It was very thoughtful of her, and I want to send some type of thank you since it was unexpected and so nice. I know they eat mostly organic, not totally 100%. Do you think A Harry & David type gift would be ok? They ahve some cute Halloween candy/cookie. choc pretzel type baskets. Or any suggestions? She has a toddler, so something fun for him maybe? Open to suggestions! I am so excited about my shirt. :)

Hmmm, Harry & David is so pricey. It's a wonderful thought, but make sure it's enough that they can get something without having to add money to it.

I always love my local grocery store gift card. Most supermarkets now have tons of organic and locally grown products. And my store is becoming the one stop shop (competing with Target and Walmart) and offers clothes and toys for the toddler.

Any way you go I'm sure will be very appreciated. :)

Glad you're loving your new loot.

I would do something a little more practical for them. I would maybe a date night out. A gift card to their favorite resturant and maybe a gift card to a local movie theatre.

I would do something a little more practical for them. I would maybe a date night out. A gift card to their favorite resturant and maybe a gift card to a local movie theatre.
I agree with this, though I bet she'd appreciate a simple thank you card, too.

What about something touristy from where you live? Even just a stuffed toy or something for the child along with a postcard?

I don't think you could go wrong with Harry and David. We always love it. We also enjoy Edible Arrangements if they have them in your area. I am sure that anything will be appreciated!!!

Honestly, when I send a gift like that to someone, it is simply because I knew that they'd like it. The last thing I'd want is to get a gift in return. A nice, heartfelt thank you note would be the best thing. Really, gifts like that are spontaneous and from the heart. I would feel guilty getting a gift back, because I would know that I got it because you felt obligated. Its so rare that you can give someone a gift that you know they will really and truly love! It is so much fun to do when you can. So really, just a nice note with genuine appreciation.

I agree with Clutter. Write a thoughtful thank you card, mail it and call it a day. Everything doesn't have to be reciprocated.

One day in the future you will find something appropriate that she will love but give it lots of time first.

Honestly, when I send a gift like that to someone, it is simply because I knew that they'd like it. The last thing I'd want is to get a gift in return. A nice, heartfelt thank you note would be the best thing. Really, gifts like that are spontaneous and from the heart. I would feel guilty getting a gift back, because I would know that I got it because you felt obligated. Its so rare that you can give someone a gift that you know they will really and truly love! It is so much fun to do when you can. So really, just a nice note with genuine appreciation.
This is right on - thank her by graciously receiving the gesture! Maybe also keep your eyes open for how you could "pay it forward" by doing something to spontaneously delight somebody else you know. Opportunities abound if you recognize them, like your thoughtful, generous family member did. Enjoy your shirts!

I would send a wonderful thank you note and then keep an eye out for something in YOUR locality to send to her.

Our family also likes receiving Harry & David - but our favorite overpriced gift baskets to receive are from Wolferman's. Their English muffins are amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter