• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Suggestions for a family of 4, with 2 kids ages 6 & 9?

mhingher

DIS Veteran
We will be vacationing in Anaheim for the last week of August, and I'm participating in the Disneyland 5k on 9/2. We're arriving 8/27 and plan to get 3 day hoppers for 8/28, 8/29 & 8/30. Any suggestions on where else to visit for the remaining days? We'll be at an Anaheim hotel for the week (Either Best Western Stovall's Inn or Desert Palms, can't decide) and will rent a car. I'm not sure about Legoland, neither of my girls are into legos. I'm thinking we'll do a day at Knotts Berry Farm. How is Soak City? They love water parks. We would also like to spend some time in Hollywood to do the "tourist" thing and see the walk of fame. Any other suggestions?

Knotts is a lot of fun but mainly if you like big coasters. They do have a good small kids ride area as well. Fun log flume, rapids and mine ride too. For lunch step outside the park and visit the chicken diners take out for chicken and boysenberry pie with logenberry to drink. There are picnic tables just outside the Knotts side entrance.

Universal Studios is a lot of fun but will be crowded once Harry Potter opens in the spring.

Huntington Beach or Newport Beach are both close by.

A visit to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor in Brea, about 11 miles from Disneyland is a must do!! Brings back memories from decades ago! Great lunches there as well.

Knotts is fun, but has many rides with pretty big height requirements if you have short kids. Soak city is cool, not as much to do there as you might hope, but still really fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter