Suggestions for $5 boy grab bag gifts

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
We have multiple parties to go to for kids. They all want grab bag gifts for. $5 that would be good for boys between 7 - 12. Any ideas???

....the first thing that popped into my head was a $5 gift card for Game Stop...???:confused3

I was in my local Radio Shack the other day, and they were selling Hexbug Nano Christmas Ornaments for $1.00 each (they were just like this one, and some were green)...

http://www.amazon.com/HEXBUG-Nano-Christmas-Ornament-Red/dp/B005UUFZYG

The guy said they were left over from last year, but they were exactly the same as the ones for this year. I bought all 10 of them that they had so I could give some as gifts and donate the rest to Toys for Tots. That might be a good idea for you if your local Radio Shack has them.

That's a tough one because there is a huge difference between 7 and 12 year olds.
I was just babysitting for my 7yo nephew and he took home all of our Pokemon cards. He was so happy that my boys gave them away!

My ds11 and ds13 love to go out with their friends, so $5 gift cards to dunkin donuts, subway etc...would be a hit with them. (After 10, they get a bit hard to buy for, IMO)

Kids love candy, but the parents won't be too thrilled :lmao:

Small nerf ball, small nerf gun...not sure if they would be under $5 though.

McDonald's cards, ITunes (I think you can get them in $5 denominations), small Lego sets.

Thanks for suggestions. I know its a big age difference but one is for their dojo so there are three classes that come together for a big Christmas Party.

Card game (Scrabble Slam, Monopoly on the Go, etc)

Slinky

Bag of joke/novelty toys from $ tree (fake mustaches, fly in ice cube, woopie cushion, snapping gum)

"I Survived" book

Mentos geyser maker (got one at a hobby store for $4.99 yesterday)

Small model (Hobby Lobby had them on sale last week. I got a plane for my son for $5.89)

A bigger balsam rubber band propelled plane

Fake snow in a tube

Gyroscope

Thanks for suggestions. I know its a big age difference but one is for their dojo so there are three classes that come together for a big Christmas Party.

I did that one year. I think my boys were 4 and 6 at the time (but there were much older kids there as well). I bought a craft set from Michaels to make your own super bounce balls. It was $5...w/coupon a little less.

One of the sports stores around Modell's had tons of team sports stuff for $5.Drawstring bags with Flyers, Eagles, Phillies. They ahd tons of other stuff too

Big Lots has earbuds for 4.99
Sams club had some small cookie jars for around 7- but the proceeds go to St. Jude's, so I would be OK going slightly over on those.

If you can find one for $5, apparently at my kids youth party fleece throws were highly prized.
I normally head out the day after Christmas & grab some generic stuff just for these situations.

Target has mini Lego sets (and other build things, K'nex and Bionicles and something else I can't think of)...or they used to when I had to get such things to fill my DS's stocking (he's 15 now, so it's been a few years). There's trading cards. Great for 7-about 10 year olds...not sure about 11-12 year olds. Also, if you have a 5 Below there's tons of stuff there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter