Suggestions for 5/3 - 5/8 stay (w/o points)

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to be in WDW from 5/3 - 5/7 for the first time W/O kids! We are traveling for one of our DS's college graduation (the other kids are still in school) on the 8th. I have no more points left and we don't want to spend a lot of money for this (still have 2 more kids to put through college!). But I don't want to stay offsite or at the value resorts this time.

DH is 6'8", so we are hoping to find a king bed. The Swan and Dolphin appear to be booked for rooms with king beds during that time. If we go with double beds, I was thinking of POFQ, since we have never stayed there.

Any suggestions for where we should stay without breaking the bank? I was wondering if I can call MS and get a discount on studios. I have never rented points before.

That was my 1st thought....call MS and see what kind of cash discount you can get.
Kerri

I would call MS and see what resorts are available for your dates on a DVC cash discount. We have stayed twice this way (once at VWL and once at AKV).

I stayed at POR for an adults only trip over 3 nights. A friend and I went using my AP discount. It was actually very pretty around the resort and I didn't find the bus service to be bad at all (I had read a lot of complaints beforehand). I believe they have king beds there, but maybe just in HA rooms???

Anyway, I'd definately stay at POR again. It really reminded me of OKW with the lush landscaping. I actually enjoyed POR more than OKW ... more dining options, shorter walk to the bus stop and we had much better boat service to DTD. I also liked the feature pool and hospitality house/ gift shop area better than OKW. Of course, I didn't have a 1 bedroom with a full size washer and dryer at POR.:rotfl:

Called MS today - no studios available at BWV or BCV. I was able to get AKL value studio for a total of $1,070 for the 4 nights. I booked it because I can always cancel, but I still think that's more than I want to spend for lodging this trip, especially when I don't think it's a king size bed.

I asked specifically if the bed was a king and she said yes. But I looked at the members book and it says the beds are queen, so I have to call back unless someone who reads this knows the answer.

I stayed at POR for an adults only trip over 3 nights. A friend and I went using my AP discount. It was actually very pretty around the resort and I didn't find the bus service to be bad at all (I had read a lot of complaints beforehand). I believe they have king beds there, but maybe just in HA rooms???

Anyway, I'd definately stay at POR again. It really reminded me of OKW with the lush landscaping. I actually enjoyed POR more than OKW ... more dining options, shorter walk to the bus stop and we had much better boat service to DTD. I also liked the feature pool and hospitality house/ gift shop area better than OKW. Of course, I didn't have a 1 bedroom with a full size washer and dryer at POR

Thanks! I will call Disney directly to find out about the king size beds there. I also like the price!

We stayed at POFQ a few years ago for an adults only long weekend after a conference I was at. We had double beds not king, but we each took our own bed. We enjoyed it and I would go back. We were in building 5 and it was close to the pool, the hot tub, the Food Court and the Bus Stop.
Have a great time without the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter