Suggestion needed for a travel bag/purse!

abent

Mouseketeer
I am looking to purchase a travel type messanger bag for my trip. Something to carry from the plane to the hotal and parks. Honestly my purses are huge and not going!!LOL! What do all of you use? Heck, I won't even have my DH there to help carry stuff!!

I use a small back pack, its cheap, easy to carry and super easy to take on rides. Hold 2 bottles of water on the sides, snacks a camera and all my other stuff.

Before my last DLR trip, I was very fortunate to stumble across an Ameribag (Healthy Back Bag) at our local Savers. I got it for $3! It's the best bag I have ever owned and I won't ever use anything different at DLR.

Here's a link to their website.

http://ameribag.com/catalog/home

We also carry an Ameribag. Unfortunately, we didn't get a great deal on it, but have used it for at least 4 or 5 years now. It's really a great cross-body bag and our DBIL and DSIL bought one after they saw ours. Good luck. I know many people like the bagalini(sp?) brand bag. You might check there also. HTH!

Target has (had?) a nice cross-body pack that is small and has lots of good pockets. It's in the luggage section.

Baggallini crossover bags are also great, lightweight and nice looking! They have various sizes,styles, and colors.

if your big busted like me you do not want anything across your chest ( or I do not any ways ) so I do back packs, small and easy to carry with out crossing my chest.

My husband and I both have backpacks from REI. They have lots of pockets to stash stuff and best of all there is a spot for a camel back pouch for water! No lugging around water bottles!

We just got back and I highly recommend a large lightweight tote. I ordered the Heys Travelmate and didn't even take it. Just too many pockets for me, I knew I wouldn't remember which pocket had what. I bought a cute little across the chest purse, but only carried it one day. The tote worked best as I was able to just drop my sunglasses (and the kids') in while on rides, I could reach my camera quickly instead of fumbling with pockets and zippers and it was large enough to hold our sweatshirts that we needed in the morning and evening. Go with a TOTE! :)

I'd post a link if I could, but if you search for the Oveland Equipment Donner Bag on Sierratradingpost .com, you'll find a great bag with awesome reviews.

Before last trip I got a Lesportsac Deluxe Everyday Bag and it was perfect for a purse/diaper bag. Its got 5 zippered compartments (3 large and 2 small. The small ones are great for cell phones and cigarettes for us dirty smokers). And theyre such a breeze to clean! Its the only purse I use anywhere now. And they come out with new patterns every 6 weeks or so, which is awsome. I'm thinking of grabbing a new one before we go in 2 weeks! I currently have the Delight print. Next maybe the Tea Time or Poms print.

http://www.lesportsac.com/store/7507_3966.html

I still have 1 in diapers so we use a backpack. We strap it onto the stroller and don't ever have to carry it once inside the Park.
I transfer cash and important cards (AP, Disney Visa, hotel key) into a small wallet with a wrist strap.

I love my Ameribag healthy back bag :cool1:
Take it everywhere it's water resistant. Great for Splash LOL
I also use it to help hold DGD1 when slung crosswise she can sit on it :) great bag! :thumbsup2

I travel with a school style backpack and no purse. I once took a messenger bag which by the end of the day was murder on my back. A backpack will distribute weight more equally than a messenger bag. Messenger bags can be comfortable, but often not over several hours - at least not for me.

I really want to wear a fanny pack for quick and easy access to my wallet and camera, but not brave enough!

I really want to wear a fanny pack for quick and easy access to my wallet and camera, but not brave enough!

I wore a fanny pack in front... it was SO worth it (looking like this...totally hip, free, and cool ;)):

:dancer:

to be able to quickly check for my credit cards/Disney passes/camera, etc. by a simple, quick touch/feel of the bag. I also found that I could rest my hands on my bag. I felt like I wasn't carrying anything at all. It may have looked silly, and eventually my family pretended they didn't know me (see me here, standing in the back...)

:crowded:

But did I care? In the happiest place on earth, I like to think I, too, was transformed :wizard:, from unhip, ugly-fanny pack toting Mom, to cool, Disney-esque princess! princess:

:rotfl:

I have carried a fanny pack for the last few years. It is so nice to be hands free. I'm not sure about the purses that sling over your chest. I did order a piazza day bag for our trip to San Francisco (but its bigger than I thought it would be). I wasn't really looking for a normal purse size bag, more just a bag to toss a few things in (camera, sunglasses, meds, etc.) I will use it to check it out, but may still pack the DL fanny pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter