• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sugarless chocolate candy?

Godiva makes wonderful sugarfree chocolates. I've bought them at dillard's if you don't have a godiva store near you.

Godiva! I don't know why I didn't think of it. Do they sell boxes of sugarless or can you only buy it from the counter?

Godiva! I don't know why I didn't think of it. Do they sell boxes of sugarless or can you only buy it from the counter?

The last box I bought was about a year ago. It was in a powder blue box with their signature gold ribbon wrapped around it but I don't know about now.

Most of them have malitol or some other ol in them that give me gas, hehe.

Oh that would be perfect! Come to think of it, there is a Godiva store at the mall, so I would think there would be something in one of their nice boxes.

Godiva and some nice smelling flowers :love:. I think it will be the gift for her.

Thanks again.

What is a really good brand to buy? I'd like to give some to my grandmother who will be turning 101 :goodvibes .

Wow - 101! That's awesome and I bet she has amazing stories to tell. I sometimes hope that I make it to 100 so I can see how much the world has changed in the 100 years of my life but then sometimes, especially if I'm watching the news, I look at our society and I think that maybe I don't want to know what the world is like in 100 years.

Ohhhhh...be very careful with sugar-free chocolates. Dh got a box as a gift one time and ate the entire box in one sitting (it was sugar-free, after all ;) ). He spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom. :rolleyes1

One piece of SF candy a day is the max I can eat. I'm not sure I would chance it on a 101 year old plumbing. :sick:

I hope she has a wonderful B-day! :goodvibes

Congratulations to her!!

For everyday candy, I like the Russell Stovers. Made with Splenda, so not a problem ;) Love the pecan, the coconut, the caramel....heck they have all been so good.
I only buy ones with Splenda.
I noticed at the store yesterday, there are sugar free candy canes with Splenda. I know what is going in our stockings ::yes::
Also if she is diabetic, any good dark chocolate is not a problem :teeth: I am so greatful for that!!

Thanks for the replies. Dark chocolate, my favorite. She is diabetic, but it's controlled through diet. It is amazing that she is turning 101. Up until the last 3 months or so her memory has been very, very good (better than mine lol). She is starting to struggle to remember things now, we see she starting to go :sad2: , so I don't know if there will be any birthdays after this one.

If you have a small local candy shop, many times they have a wonderful selection of sugar-free candy. I took a holiday cooking class last week and that was the suggestion given by the chef when the question was asked then.

Not a fan of Godiva....:confused3

I say go for the Russell Stovers with Splenda. The others have the "bathroom risk".;)

Oh and NEVER buy sugar free gummy bears and eat more that 5 a day.:rolleyes1

DH does Atkins but loves his candy so eats a lot of Russel Stover.

If you jave a trader Joe , they have yummy sugar free chocolate bars. The best i had.
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter