Such confussion in my planning!!

PrincessGeek

Earning My Ears
We're doing a Land/Sea in March 2009 and I've read and subscribed to every tips thread I can get my hands on. But I'm starting to become a little overwhelmed with the resources out there!

Can someone explain the differences/pros/cons of the following? I don't want to waste precious Trip Money on too many planning guides! I realize I'm asking this question in a sponsored forum but I'm hoping to get some honest help.

Passporter Guides- There is one for the cruise and WDW but it gets spendy to buy both.

Unofficial Guide (web, not the book)- I haven't been very impressed with the website, bought a subscription but thinking about getting a refund.

TourGuideMike AVP- The website looks easy to use. Good price on the subscription but having a hard time understanding exactly what is included in the price. (Still researching this one.)

Bottom line is, I want ONE planning book/guide to purchase. I get so much info here on the DIS that I don't want to waste money.

TIA for the help!

I personally LOVE the Passporter Guides. I have used the Unoffical also and liked it, but I think the info is easier in the Passporter and it also has a built in organizer ( small one towards the back to write down info )

if you want just one... get the unofficial guide. the various guides are like tools in a tool belt, some specialize in different areas.

if you want a good beginners over view, Burnbaums and the Complete Walt Disney world and great and in full color.

if you want good reference while in the parks, passporter does this job really well.

for planning tools... Unofficial Guide and touringplans.com do a great job of providing answers to planning questions. I know there are a lot of tour guide mike fans out there, but you cannot take that website with you to the "reading room" to study as easily as UG. I know of several WDW master planners that get UG every year, even though they know the parks as well as a book. Cause it is a great reference for times, prices, details that even crazy OCD fans don;t always remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter