• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suburban or Town & Country? gas??

If you want a fullsize body on frame tuck look into a Ford Econolone (fullsized van).
It will put a suburban to shame. It is far more comfortable, every seat has space, there is 5 ft behind the last row for cargo. You can fit 2 suitcases under each of the bench seat and not effect leg room or comfort. The E-150 can tow up to 10,000 lbs. It will have the same MPG (13/16) though.
Beside who want to drive the 90's soccer mom SUV.

I have a leased 2010 T&C. Like it at first ( it is the second one that we have leased) but just had to put new roters and pads on it and it isn't 1 1/2 yrs old yet and only has 15,000 miles on it. I called Chrysler and complained and they are going to reimburse me $500 of the $700 that I had to pay. Don't think we will be getting another one.

This is a fairly common issue with minivans. Ours is 3 yrs old, 20k miles and just needed them. Hopefully you bought good ones, or you'll be repeating in another 2 yrs. Also, read up or find a friend who knows how to do that roters and breaks. I paid 50 for the roters each.... Cost me $12 in beer for a friend to do it.

I have a suburban, and I love it. It's a 2009. I love the cargo space, I love the people space, I love the 4 wheel drive. It's a great vehicle.

Just rented a Yukon XL to drive to Disney from Massachsetts. Surprisingly Gas mileage was good

I'll give my 2 cents as an overseas tourist with 5 kids that has rented both types of cars.....Suburban wins hands down for us! The cargo space is amazing and not once did any of my children say there wasn't enough leg room and that included a 17 year old that is taller then her parents ;p

We were really amazed at how fuel efficient they were. That was one of our concerns when we chose it but we were plesantly surprised.

We will be renting either a Suburban or Yukon XL for our next trip also.

Now if only they sold them in Australia I'd be the happiest girl in the world!

I'll be the evil one and vote Suburban or Yukon XL. I had a 2003 Yukon XL up until last summer and loved it. I still miss it every time I have to drive my full size van:sick:. You can't beat the room both where the passengers sit and behind the third row seat. While it did get bad gas mileage about 14-16 it had a huge gas tank (32gals) and could go forever on a tank of gas(that makes it better right:rolleyes:). Before we bought our yukon we test drove a toyota minivan and hands down the space was amazing in the yukon. If you do get one get one with the captains chairs in the second row makes it easier to get to the third row.
We had 4 kids at the time we owned our yukon and it was a great car.
Go test drive both and see which one you like. Don't pick the van because of the better mileage if you hate it or you will be unhappy.

I will chime in and totally agree. We have a new T&C and I can't stand it! We have had 1 recall after another so it has been in and out of the shop constantly for brakes, transmission, sliding door and other issues. We got one with all the bells and whistles and while the ambient lighting is cool, it is still a mini-van. Blech.

I miss my Yukon XL SO much and would trade in this T&C for my big SUV any day of the week. Yes, the big SUVs will suck gas but it is a MUCH more comfortable ride so pick your poison.

We have 5 kids and they all fit comfortably in the Yukon XL but it is a tight squeeze to put 3 in the back seat of our T&C because there is almost zero leg room behind the passenger side middle seat.

With the price of gas then I think it is going to hurt everyone, know matter what they drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter