Subtracting from the Magic?...(Or, Can we get this fixed please?)

ricktib said:
- Each time we go, it seems there are more and more 'pixels' not working on the Illuminations globe. Speaking of Illuminations, I hope they soon bring back the 'Inferno Barge'.

That is what I noticed the most. I once thought illuminations was the most beautiful display, but I was really disappointed in it this time.
-I also thought Peter Pan needed updating. The tin foil? :confused3 Just seems to be below disney imagination, more like a school play set up IMO.

FionaLovesShrek said:
That is what I noticed the most. I once thought illuminations was the most beautiful display, but I was really disappointed in it this time.
-I also thought Peter Pan needed updating. The tin foil? :confused3 Just seems to be below disney imagination, more like a school play set up IMO.

I know this is really just my perception but also in regards to Illuminations do you get the feeling that they're doing it and seeing how quickly they can get it over and done with? I know that they're not but why do I feel this way?

Hey Guys !!!
The fairies at Disney must have heard y'all ! :rolleyes1 Splash Mountain is down for rehab 17th-18th November according to UK Disney site ! :disrocks:

ricktib said:
- The big overhead fans in the lobby of POR

- Each time we go, it seems there are more and more 'pixels' not working on the Illuminations globe. Speaking of Illuminations, I hope they soon bring back the 'Inferno Barge'.

The Fire Barge exploded and has to be inspected by OSHA and other state agencies before they fix it, if the fix it at all. Our Boat driver for an Illuminations cruise told us that they are in the process of developing a new show for the EPCOT anniversary.

Also, the company that designed and built the globe has since gone out of business and the Imagineers are working on how to fix the globe as this would still be part of the new show.

River Country...
Thats all that needs to be said.
I know I know.. you all are saying "GET OVER IT!"
BUT I CANT!

Earstou said:
I've heard, in Disneyland, that the submarines are coming back as a Nemo attraction. Don't know if this is rumor or if it's been confirmed yet, but I saw the lagoon was being worked on in June. I think it's supposed to open next year.

Last I heard about 20,000 Leagues was that the submarines had been disposed of already. Are they building new ones?

Re: 20,000 Leagues, If (and that's a big "if") they would be bringing that ride back I would suspect that any new sub would be more accessable for the disabled. Personally, I wouldn't think bring back 20,000 leagues or River Country for that matter has much of a chance at all.

Servants of Evan

I did notice Splash and Figment were broken a lot, but truthfully, I don't pay much attention to what needs to be done by Disney to make my trip better as much as I do what I want to do at that moment to make my trip better.

Splash Mountain reeks of sweat, body odor, and mildew.

But other than that, everything at WDW is fine with me.

After three visits since '99, all I can say is that it is all too easy for things to lose their "excitement" after seeing or doing them for the first time. I personally try to forget everything we've seen and done just before we arrive, and the "excitement" gets a big boost. Plus, it seems my kids don't notice any problems--if they're happy, that's all it takes to make me happy.

I definitely agree with everyone providing a written list of problems they encountered during their stay/visit. The more detailed the better.

jenjersnap said:
You know, in a weird sort of way, I like the cheesy quality of Peter Pan. I feel comforted when we fly over the aluminum foil and my DS always comments on it, he likes it too. But we're kind of nutty, so there ya go. :earboy2:

Me TOO!! It is my favorite ride and yes, it is cheesy and lame, but YOU FLY! :shamrock:

Horizons16 said:
River Country...
Thats all that needs to be said.
I know I know.. you all are saying "GET OVER IT!"
BUT I CANT!

I can't get over River Country either! My girls are tired of hearing about River Country every time we are is Disney. They are 20 and 17 (many years of hearing how great River Country was and what a waste of space!) What a Shame. :guilty:

Splash Mountain was our favorite ride, and we rode it several times during the same week. On every ride, we noticed a discarded cup not far from the flume track. The gum bothered us, too.

One thing we noticed at Pecos Bill (we ate there twice) was that about half of the people leave their trays/food behind instead of taking their stuff to the garbage cans and throwing it away themselves, like you would at most "fast food" places. The CMs were working their tails off, clearing tables and cleaning up after huge messes people left. People seem to be careless in general (ignoring a handful of napkins dropped on the floor, etc), and in addition to "regular" cleaning, the CMs are cleaning up after litter that shouldn't happen in the first place. That takes time away from the regular cleaning they do.

i wonder if anyone knows the stats for how many cms now vs maybe 5-10 yrs a go...seems like a lot less to me which would explain why things are the way they are and also why some encounter cms who are less than happy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter