Subtle Disney Girl Names

Kelsi-High School Musical
Shauna-Jump In
Maddie-Zach and Cody
Keely-Phil of the Future

What's you favorite Disney show or movie? I'm sure you could come up with some good names. Congrats!

How about Bianca from The Rescuers, I don't think I've seen that one metioned yet. :)

I was just looking through a Pottery Barn catalog and saw the name Mia on the wall, so I'm wondering if that's starting to get pretty popular. I love the name and wish I had thought of it about 7mos ago before dd was born. :rolleyes1

Annie or Hallie (Parent Trap)
Susan or Sharon (Parent Trap original)
Marie (the cat)
Amelia or Mia (Princess Diaries/Aristocats)
Alice (in Wonderland)
Felicia (Great Mouse Detective)
Sarah (Lady & the Tramp)
Anita (101 Dalmatians)
Mary (Poppins)
Wendy (Peter Pan)
Elizabeth (Swann, PotC)
Go w/the non-animated movies and you might have more options!

I like all those, plus Lily or Lillian, for Walt's wife. I'd like to use Lillian for one of our DDs some day.

I thought of Jessica (Roger Rabbit) or Melody (Ariel's & Eric's daughter)

Not very original but then again -- I think I would avoid things like Gabriella & Sharpay for right now (my hunch is those are going to be *very* popular names soon) with High School Musical stuff going on.

Although, Martha & Taylor are girl characters there too.

I haven't read through all of the names so I'm just throwing things out there.

Figuring out the name is the *hardest* part as far as I'm concerned. Hence the reason my poor kids weren't even named until after they were born (1 was a couple days old even!).

Or the other thing is "Isabella/Is" -- I think that was a Disney movie.

Hmmm....I'm gearing all mine based on Disney Channel stuff (Hannah, Miley, Lilly, Lola, trying to think of the Cheetah girl names and have no clue), can you tell what my DD watches?

Good Luck with it. I'm sure you will come up with the perfect name.

my niece's name is Kiaura--spelled slightly different but taken from Lion king, Simba and Nala's daughter, Kiara.

I thought of Jessica (Roger Rabbit) or Melody (Ariel's & Eric's daughter)

Not very original but then again -- I think I would avoid things like Gabriella & Sharpay for right now (my hunch is those are going to be *very* popular names soon) with High School Musical stuff going on.

Although, Martha & Taylor are girl characters there too.

I haven't read through all of the names so I'm just throwing things out there.

Figuring out the name is the *hardest* part as far as I'm concerned. Hence the reason my poor kids weren't even named until after they were born (1 was a couple days old even!).

Or the other thing is "Isabella/Is" -- I think that was a Disney movie.

Hmmm....I'm gearing all mine based on Disney Channel stuff (Hannah, Miley, Lilly, Lola, trying to think of the Cheetah girl names and have no clue), can you tell what my DD watches?

Good Luck with it. I'm sure you will come up with the perfect name.

Is there seriously a Sharpay in HSM????? No Yorkie? Or Bichon Frise?

We are expecting our first daughter as well and have the names narrowed down to two.

The first is very obviously Disney ...... Ariel

The second is very very subtle from Pirates of the Caribbean Elizabeth Swann, the actresses real name ....... Keira

Middle name is going to be Beth :rolleyes: because my husband wants my name in there. So we will either have

Ariel Beth or Keira Beth .......... both Disney, one just very much more obvious then the other.

I like the name Elizabeth. When/if I have a baby, and when/if I have a girl, I'm going to name her Rachel Elizabeth, I've had that named picked out for a few years.

Dd's name is Bethany Grace. It started out at Elizabeth Grace and always had the intention to use Beth as a nickname. About halfway through my pregnancy I started having nightmares about dd changing her nickname as a ornery 14yo... (Besty, Liz, Lizzie, Eliza, etc...not that they aren't nice names, just not what we intended) so dh and I changed it to Bethany.

And she really is a "Bethany" too!

Yes, there is, but I didn't think of the dog breed. Her name reminds me of Sharpie (like the marker), so in my strange little mind I call her Sharpie. :upsidedow

Oh, sorry, I wasn't sure how it was spelled. I didn't even get what the first post was referring too.

OK...I have to ask *what type of dog is a Sharpay?" because it's certainly NOT the one she was carrying in HSM2 was it????????? If it WAS that would be absolutely HILARIOUS play on the name. :rotfl2: DD was telling me that was Kenny Ortega's dog.

A Shar-pei is one of those wrinkly Chinese dogs. I can't figure out how to post a picture from google.

Another thumbs-up for Amelia, although I've always known it as a name from Treasure Planet. Or how about Mira? She was a character in the Buzz Lightyear TV show, and along that line, how about Jessie? (From Toy Story 2, I mean)

I love Ella. Some others have suggested Rose, which is our DD's middle name.

What about Ella Rose?

A Shar-pei is one of those wrinkly Chinese dogs. I can't figure out how to post a picture from google.

sharpei.jpg

Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That has to be the BEST picture I have ever seen!!!

That's my name. :)

I like the name Lilly, after Lillian Disney Walt's wife. I think we're done, but if we were to have another girl it would be Lilly.

That is my little girls name. Lilian Grace. We call her Lily though (Lily Pie really.)

My other girl is Anna Rose (kind of a brier Rose thing.)

If I ever have another girl she will be Kate Belle (Katie Bell.) :thumbsup2

I like the name Elizabeth. When/if I have a baby, and when/if I have a girl, I'm going to name her Rachel Elizabeth, I've had that named picked out for a few years.

My DD is Elizabeth Rose, which of course I think is beautiful...She also likes to be called Briar Rose :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter