Substituting for Dessert

hyzdufan

DIS Veteran
So there's a small asterisk in the 2016 Dining Plan PDF that that says you can substitute any snack-eligible item for your dessert (or your drink, for that matter). Are side dishes fair game in this? I thought I had read some information about side dishes being considered snacks now.

Thanks for your help - 23 trips to WDW - 1st time on the DDP. :)

That's for the counter service, not table.

For table service you MAY be able to substitute your dessert for a small salad or some soup but that is up to the restaurant, and not all restaurants will do it.

That's for the counter service, not table.

For table service you MAY be able to substitute your dessert for a small salad or some soup but that is up to the restaurant, and not all restaurants will do it.

Yes! I was assuming for QS - I knew Table Service was totally YMMV. :)

The side item must have the snack logo next to it for it to be eligible. So, no, not EVERY side item will be available, but if it has that little purple logo next to it, you can substitute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter