• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stylish and comfortable Mother-of-Bride shoes?

gasman61

Mouseketeer
Not sure if there is a better place to post this, but since it is budget related it seems like it might work here.

I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for comfortable and stylish shoes I can wear for my daughter's summer wedding. I actually have quite a bit of trouble finding any sorts of shoes that are comfortable (crocs do work most of the time), so if there are some great suggestions I'll be grateful!

Thanks,

Karen

Try Aerosoles, Clarks, Naturalizer. Also I think Crocs has a line of dressier shoes that you might try.

I have trouble with shoes and wanted a pair for a neice's wedding last year.
I started shopping Zappos in January. I would select about 5-6 pairs that I liked and buy them. When they arrived, I would wear them around the house (on carpeting, so I didn't scuff the bottom) until I knew if I could wear them. Some it only took a few minutes, others a few hours. I ended up doing 3 different shipments before I found a dress pair and a casual pair for work.
They have free shipping and returns, plus you can filter what style shoe you are looking for, heel height, size, and width.
Have you considered having two pairs for the wedding? A dressier pair for the ceremony, and a more comfortable pair for the reception.

Anne Klein makes a line of shoes that are called Anne Klein sport and they have several nice styles out for spring.

Love my crocs. I have high heel crocs and they are my favorite. People are surprised when they find out they are crocs. What I did find with the heels was that depending on the cut/style/strap some were more comfortable that others. I would try them on, if there is a store with them nearby I would buy them from there.

I second the PP's suggestion that you have a pair for the ceremony and a pair for after :goodvibes

What length/style of dress will you be wearing? Might be able to get away with blinging out some keds/crocs if the dress is long and will cover your shoes most of the time;)

I had to stop wearing heels about 15 years ago due to a badly healed broken foot.
I bought and wore these to my sons wedding in July and will be wearing them this year to my daughters wedding. Mine are a bronze color. Make sure to order them in the right width.
I had very little foot pain at the end of the night in these.

http://www.shoebuy.com/softspots-naveah/588813/1216028?cm_mmc=googleproductads_pla-_-none-_-none-_-{keyword}

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, as far as shoes at least, my dress is tea length so the shoes will show.

Interesting about ordering several different sorts of styles. I did order a couple of heels from crocs and plan to return them if they don't work out, but I hadn't thought of doing that for another site. Thank you for the suggestion!

Also, those softspots look like they could work. I appreciate the ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter