• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

stupid question!

eeyoresbestfriend

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am about to buy into DVC, my guide is on a cruise and won't be back until Monday! :sad1: So my question is this. For resorts that have both "hotel rooms" and DVC rooms, are there seperate check-in areas? :confused3 Say we want to stay at the BWV, do we check in somewhere special? where do we go? Anyway, thanks for any help, I am REALLY excited about becoming a member and hope my guide will get back fast!!:cheer2: Thanks again! Marybeth

I have another stupid question to add to this... I've heard that you don't get maid service at the DVC hotels? Is that true?

Thanks

Of course we get maid service. However, it is limited. If you stay at least 8 nights, you will get a full cleaning on day 4 and your towels replaced and trash removed on day 8. If you stay less than 8 nights, you get your towels replaced and trash removed on day 4. You can pay for extra housekeeping or extra towels.

They used to call the DVC resorts, the Home Away from Home resorts. So we treat them like our home. We make our beds every morning at home, so we do it here. We hang up our towels after we use them, so we do it here. We do laundry at home as we need it, so we do it here.

It really is very nice not to have to wait on the housekeepers to finish your room every day.

We also keep our room tidy. Make the beds.
Hang the towels. Clean the dishes.
Do laundry when needed.

If daily maid service is a necessity you can pay for it at check in.

When I go to the BCV My stays would me Wed-Tuesday. So we would get maid service half way through our trip? Also, if you stay in the cheapest room there do they still have washers and dryers for you to use? I noticed washers and dryers are not in the cheaper rooms.

Thanks

When I go to the BCV My stays would me Wed-Tuesday. So we would get maid service half way through our trip? Also, if you stay in the cheapest room there do they still have washers and dryers for you to use? I noticed washers and dryers are not in the cheaper rooms.

Thanks
By 'cheapest' I assume you mean staying in a Studio rather than a 1-B/R or larger villa.

For those guests staying in Studios, free Washer/Dryers are available at specific locations within the buildings. For BCV, if I recall, they're on the 4th floor near the elevators.

For your Wed-Tues trip, assuming you're checking in on Wed, then you would get trash/towel service on Saturday. Trash/towel means they take out the trash and give you fresh towels and soap/lotions. They do not make beds, do dishes, vacuum floors, etc.

DVC is a timeshare, not a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter