Stupid IRS

happily single

Left foot first!
I've been reading the posts about the IRS changing the refund dates for some dis'ers. I've checked the IRS website and as of last night I was to get my direct deposit by the 17th. I checked again this morning (I guess dis'ers are compulsive about a lot of things:lmao: ) and they changed my date to the 24th!!!!! Stupid IRS

I'm in the same boat - my refund date was 2/20, now 2/24. I submitted Feb. 6 or 7, I think.

they changed mine to the 24th as well and we filed on feb 5th. we were supposed to get it on the 20th - which I think is a long enough wait as it is.

Try to look at the bright side, it was only a few years ago that you didn't have the option of getting direct deposit and tracking your refund online. The only option we used to have was to wait for weeks and weeks and never know when it was coming. I know it's hard to wait, and you may be anxious to get that money, but try to count your blessings! At least you have that information available to you. Try to be patient, even though I know it's hard!:)

Funny my dates changed to by they went earlier... I filed on the 6th originally I was told it would be deposited on 2/20 as of yesterday it moved to 2/13
WOW that was fast!! I doubled checked today and the date is the same..Yea money earlier.

They changed my refund amount by lowering it 600.00!! Same refund date of 2/13. I efiled and it was accepted 1/26.
Gotta love the gov't!:sad2:

May I ask a stupid question?

Where on the IRS website can you find this info? I have seen Tax Act's recycle chart, but cannot find it anywhere on the IRS's site.

We used Turbo Tax, filed on the 5th, it was accepted on the 6th, and when I checked today, refund scheduled to be deposited on the 13th.

They changed my refund amount by lowering it 600.00!! Same refund date of 2/13. I efiled and it was accepted 1/26.

Sounds like you forgot to check the box that indicates that you already got a stimulus check in 2008 and the government caught it and removed the extra $600.

Just checked ours, we filed on the 8th it was accepted the next day and scheduled to be deposited on the 20th.

They are now saying it will be direct deposited on the 16th. :) Can't complain.

I was supposed to get mine on the 17th too! Darn the IRS! They changed my deposit date to the 24th too!:sad2:

What's strangest to me is that I was the exact opposite... mine said the 17th and when I went to check my bank balance yesterday, there it was! :banana: If I remember correctly, I filed using Turbo Tax on the 3rd.

So take heart, maybe it will actually be there before the date they are telling you... here's some pixie dust for everyone who is waiting pixiedust:

mine were filed the last week of Jan and I had a refund date of 2-6. I checked the site last week and it had a refund date of 2-23. I checked it again today and it was for $458.70 MORE and a deposit date of 2-13. We filed using a service.

Um, OK!!

The lowered mine by $300...glad to know I'm not alone! They said my rebate recovery credit was calculated wrong...and TaxAct did that part, not me...so I'm cranky! We'll still get ours deposited tomorrow though.

Editing to add: We put in the correct amount of the rebate that we received, and I know for a fact that we received LESS than we should have, because we made more money this past year which qualified us for more. I'm going to investigate a bit when I get the statement we are supposed to get explaining it all.

The lowered mine by $300...glad to know I'm not alone! They said my rebate recovery credit was calculated wrong...and TaxAct did that part, not me...so I'm cranky! We'll still get ours deposited tomorrow though.

Editing to add: We put in the correct amount of the rebate that we received, and I know for a fact that we received LESS than we should have, because we made more money this past year which qualified us for more. I'm going to investigate a bit when I get the statement we are supposed to get explaining it all.

I'm not sure how my husband did ours on Turbotax, but evidently something isn't right. He didn't remember anything being questionable and we don't have a whole lot of deductions.:confused3
We did get the full family of 4 rebate.
Maybe Uncle Sam thought our refund was just too big!!!!:rolleyes1
We did fall into a different tax bracket this year as I became a SAHM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter