Stumped on 3rd FP+ for Hollywood Studios

barbliny

DIS Veteran
We're getting to the park very early in hopes of getting ropedrop to work for us. We are also doing a latenight EMH at Hollywood with 3 FP+ (since that will be the first park of the day for us).

Morning plan Day 1:
-----------------------

4 of us will have Toy Story as their 1st FP+, 4 of us will have RnR in the same time slot.
Tower of Terror is the obvious 2nd.
3rd ??

EMH night plan Day 2: (we can get there between 6 and 7)
-------------------------

All 8 Toy Story FP+
All 8 Tower of Terror FP+
3rd ??

Now what? We're a group of college-aged girls, and their parents.

Only a couple in the group can stomach Star Tours (and that's also very short waits during late night EMH), and we're not really interested in Frozen.

I'm thinking Little Mermaid? Is there any benefit to Indiana or is that basically walk-on? I'm pretty sure Muppets is walk-on at almost any hour?

Why, oh why, did they get rid of Backlot?

Also, does anyone know what I can expect of Toy Story during late night EMH??

Last edited:
I would say for yours hired fastpass a either pick little mermaid of great movie ride whichever speaks to you most. You mention fast passing toy story and tower again...not sure what that means as you won't be able to get a second fastpass for toy story most likely...tower is a maybe. How late are the extra hours when you are there? I've been during a close of 11 and it was still a madhouse at the park. Toy story and such had 60 minute waits almost till closing. With so few attractions left there the lines will build fast at the three popular rides.

I would say for yours hired fastpass a either pick little mermaid of great movie ride whichever speaks to you most. You mention fast passing toy story and tower again...not sure what that means as you won't be able to get a second fastpass for toy story most likely...tower is a maybe. How late are the extra hours when you are there? I've been during a close of 11 and it was still a madhouse at the park. Toy story and such had 60 minute waits almost till closing. With so few attractions left there the lines will build fast at the three popular rides.

Since this is a Tier 1 choice, not an option.

There are 2 sets of FP+ there because it's 2 separate days - I'll make the post clearer.
The park is open until midnight, and there are 2 Fantasmic! shows - I'm hoping with that most people will go to one of the shows and the lines for the attractions will be a little shorter. I find night EMH at HS to be the most unpredictable - there have been times we've done it and we've ridden Tower and RnR multiple times each, and other times where we had to give in to long standby lines.

Since this is a Tier 1 choice, not an option.
Blast...I forgot about that...lame

There are 2 sets of FP+ there because it's 2 separate days - I'll make the post clearer.
The park is open until midnight, and there are 2 Fantasmic! shows - I'm hoping with that most people will go to one of the shows and the lines for the attractions will be a little shorter. I find night EMH at HS to be the most unpredictable - there have been times we've done it and we've ridden Tower and RnR multiple times each, and other times where we had to give in to long standby lines.

Well perhaps you'll have better luck with the later close than I have in the past. I've got my fingers crossed for low crowds and short lines for you!

The third at HS always seems to be a waist for us. Just pick something with a close time so that there is a slight chance you could get a 4th for something you would want to do. You are correct - most of the shows like Muppets don't need a FP. I wish they would bump Great Movie ride down to Tier 2.

You say you have no interest in Frozen, but I find the singalong extremely entertaining. Lots of offhand humor, and it's so much fun to watch the little girls who know EVERY WORD.

Having said that, the AIE -- oops, Hyperion -- theater is huge, so I can't imagine a FP will ever be needed when it moves there next Wednesday.

For Indiana, as have no problem walking in standby. I don't see the been if of a FP there unless you intend to line up early for the best seats which I assume they seat in center. They pick extras from all sections of that is of interest.

The Frozen Sing a long is really cute. If you aren't going to do Star Tours, I would suggest that one. Or, better seats for beauty and the beast. Or do a throw away one right after your second, and maybe you can get fourth for GMR

Only a couple in the group can stomach Star Tours (and that's also very short waits during late night EMH), and we're not really interested in Frozen.

I'm thinking Little Mermaid? Is there any benefit to Indiana or is that basically walk-on? I'm pretty sure Muppets is walk-on at almost any hour?

Our 3rd was Star Tours, but I suppose if we couldn't stomach it we might do Frozen just out of curiosity. Don't need it for Muppets or Indy.

We were in the same boat--ToT and TSMM and then what? So we actually decided to try this method and see what happens...

We plan on rope drop on a regular day. We figured we'd go directly to TSMM and ride standby. Then try the same with ToT. So we'll make our first FP for around 10:00. We're just going to throw anything (maybe Muppets) into the 9:00 slot. Then use the 10:00 and 11:00 FPs and hope for a 4th at either ToT or TSMM or even Great Movie Ride. Hoping maybe if we use the 11:00 right at 11:00, there's a chance there will still be something left for later in the day. If not, we feel nothing lost!

You say you have no interest in Frozen, but I find the singalong extremely entertaining. Lots of offhand humor, and it's so much fun to watch the little girls who know EVERY WORD.

Having said that, the AIE -- oops, Hyperion -- theater is huge, so I can't imagine a FP will ever be needed when it moves there next Wednesday.

The Frozen Sing a long is really cute. If you aren't going to do Star Tours, I would suggest that one. Or, better seats for beauty and the beast. Or do a throw away one right after your second, and maybe you can get fourth for GMR

I don't think it will be my 3rd, but you may have convinced us to singalong :mic:

The third at HS always seems to be a waist for us. Just pick something with a close time so that there is a slight chance you could get a 4th for something you would want to do. You are correct - most of the shows like Muppets don't need a FP. I wish they would bump Great Movie ride down to Tier 2.

We were in the same boat--ToT and TSMM and then what? So we actually decided to try this method and see what happens...

We plan on rope drop on a regular day. We figured we'd go directly to TSMM and ride standby. Then try the same with ToT. So we'll make our first FP for around 10:00. We're just going to throw anything (maybe Muppets) into the 9:00 slot. Then use the 10:00 and 11:00 FPs and hope for a 4th at either ToT or TSMM or even Great Movie Ride. Hoping maybe if we use the 11:00 right at 11:00, there's a chance there will still be something left for later in the day. If not, we feel nothing lost!

It NEVER occured to me that I could get a Tier 1 as a 4th!! I had that 9:00 slot without a FP+ on our HS morning since I was leaving it open to hopefully standby TSMM or if that fails the Animation. I'm going to give a throwaway a shot on that first morning and hope that we can be off Tower before 11:30 in hopes to get a 4th for GMR.

For the night on Day 2 - I think I will use it for Little Mermaid - or now I'm thinking maybe the Frozen singalong. This will give us a definite 'no wait' activity for when we arrive and the crowds are still high (hopefully they go down once EMH starts at 10)

We have done a throw away in the past. Book one for 9:05 that we have no intention of using. The we RD TSMM, meet Buzz and Woody, ride GMR and arrive at 10:05 for our second FP (Usually TSMM a second time) then our 3rd (usually Star Tours) boom you may now try to go get a 4th for a Tier 1 by 11:20. We've gotten Fantasmic and RaRC as a 4th this way, never TSMM.

If you use first two FPs and decide you don't want to use 3rd, do you have to wait for it to expire before trying to secure another tier 1 FP? You can't change it to a Tier 1, I figure.

If you use first two FPs and decide you don't want to use 3rd, do you have to wait for it to expire before trying to secure another tier 1 FP? You can't change it to a Tier 1, I figure.

Since I'm impatiently waiting for my FP+ window to open, I'll take a shot.

You cannot not book a 4th pastpass until either the 3rd fastpass has been used or the window for the 3rd fastpass expires (for instance, if it's from 10 to 11, you have to wait until 11:01) whichever occurs first.

I do believe that if you used your 2nd fastpass, you can attempt to move your 3rd fastpass up on MDE, thus accelerating the expiration time.

Hopefully, someone more experienced in FP+ jumps in

In March, we had one for Indy. I figured it would be worthless. However, it allowed us to get there less than 15 minutes before the show and still get a seat. When we walked in, the CM was telling the standy-by line that it would be standing room only. So, it wasn't completely worthless. We usually get Star Tours though as a 3rd. I think Epcot is actually worse than DHS for the 3rd, and the 2nd if you really think about it.

I'm not sure if this is possible, maybe @mesaboy2 can confirm, but could you book the two you want, then anything for the third, and once you've used your first two, jump onto your MDE app and switch it for a tier 1? Since the first two have been used, would it still register that your third can't be another tier 1?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter