Studios with largest balconies

queenofthehive

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me what DVC resort studio rooms have the largest balconies? We stayed at Old Key West last month and while I really like the space of the studio, I felt the balcony was a bit cramped. We have stayed a AKV and that balcony size was fine. I am just planning another trip and want to make sure the balcony will be okay since we use it a lot. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I thought OKW offers the largest balconies available. Hmm.

The only DVC studios I know of that might have larger balconies are the few ones on the BWV Villlage green one floor up from the stores (not boardwalk view). They're more than double the standard depth of the balconies above them.

Although large, I've read complaints against these as the privacy divider makes it hard to take in the view without stepping out.

We stayed at BCV in a studio with a large wedge of a balcony. But we also stayed at BCV in a one bedroom will a little tiny narrow ledge type balcony (similar to BWV, VWL) with two chairs and a little side table.

OKW has the best porches. Not really balconies. Maybe a veranda. I think we had this discussion before.

HH Studios have HUGE balconies - especially the ones in the Live Oak Lodge. Otherwise, I think OKW studios are consistently the largest although some resorts (BWV, BCV) do have some corner Studios with unique balcony layouts.

For 1BR balconies/porches, OKW definitely has the largest.

If OP thought an AKV balcony was larger, he/she may have had an unusual room at AKV. Like others said, several resorts have a very small number of balconies which are larger or smaller than the norm.

In general, I would agree that OKW balconies are larger than all other resorts at WDW. Most Studio balconies only have space for two chairs and a small table.

Thank you all your replies. I was just not crazy about the layout of our OKW balcony. It was more square than rectangular in shape. It was just awkward when you opened the door as it seemed like we were always moving the chair out of the way. Maybe, we just got a unusual one... Now, the one/two bedroom balconies next to us at OKW were huge and spacious. One day.... ;)

Unofficial Guide has room dimensions including balconies jik anybody wants to dig their copy out.

I was very impressed with the 1 BR balcony @ BWV and the view of Epcot:thumbsup2

While I love the 1 bedroom and larger balconies at OKW I don't like the studio balconies. The square shape makes them seem small and if you are on the ground level especially the surrounding foliage makes them seem even smaller. During my 2 solo trips, the Kidani studio balcony I had in May and the SSR studio balcony I had a year ago were about the same size as the studio side balcony of a 2 bedroom lockoff at BWV. I am not familiar with the studios in other resorts since DH and I always stay in 1 bedrooms.

There is one at BCV that is larger than any balcony I've ever seen including the 2BR ones at OKW.
It is a handicap studio room number 228, located above the rear entrance from the Breezeway, which is why it is so big, there is no room next to it.
It's about the same size as the room itself.
I've stayed in it several times, if it's available at checkin I always grab it.
There are several others large ones located in the elbows of the building but only about a third the size of the one at 228.

I also found the OKW studio balconies to not be my favorites compared to others. Tops for me would be AKV or BLT for the studios but I wouldn't call either of them large. BCV does have some gigantic ones but others are tiny so it's the luck of the draw.

And on the opposite end, aren't there a few VWL studios (near an inside corner?) with no balcony, no door, just a window?

We had a Vero beach balcony you could play squash on.
:rotfl2: They must have stolen some of ours to put at your room. We were in an Inn Room, and weren't able to open the door more than a foot or so because it hit the chairs on the balcony. You had to squeeze through the opening to get out there. (It was a door that opened out instead of sliding.)

:rotfl2: They must have stolen some of ours to put at your room. We were in an Inn Room, and weren't able to open the door more than a foot or so because it hit the chairs on the balcony. You had to squeeze through the opening to get out there. (It was a door that opened out instead of sliding.)

And then they stole the rest from our room! The worst was looking 2 rooms over and seeing the huge quadruple sized balcony compared to ours. And ours was a solid wall - maybe that's why they made it so small you needed to stand since that's the only way you could see anything anyway.

And on the opposite end, aren't there a few VWL studios (near an inside corner?) with no balcony, no door, just a window?

There's just one without a balcony.

We had one of those weird rooms that wrapped around another room and the layout was all wacky. Easily the biggest studio I have ever seen. The kitchenette and closet was in its own hallway seperate from the room and the balcony could have fit a family of 8 without breaking a sweat. What was bad was it had the same furniture as a regular studio so it looked all out of place like they didn't know where to put stuff.

BirdsOfPreyDave said:

Sounds like we had the same room! 4th floor end of hall...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter