• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Studios Food - go to resort instead?

If you do want a change of pace though and want to check out the Boardwalk area, there is always Beaches 'n' Cream and Hurricane Hanna's over at the Beach Club. Decent CS food with good atmosphere.

It's about a 10 minute boat ride or 15 minute walk from HS.

We will be on the DDP and will be staying at POR. Travelers include myslef, 4 yo dd & 2 yo...um is their a d type short form for twins?? DT?? 'Darling twins'?? I dunno. ANYWHOO me, hubby, 3 girls ages 4, 2 & 2. I like yummy food and I like exploring. In my original thought, I was just wondering if being at HS we would be in close proximity to some of the other resort favs. Thanks again. Oh and Ohana is def going to be one of our character breakfasts (along with Cape May).

I'm sure you'd enjoy seeing the boardwalk area. It seems people do rave about Beaches n Cream for desert and about Cape May and Yachtsman Steakhouse for meals. Sadly, I can't comment on any of these from experience. :laughing:

We have not found DHS CS to be terrible (although we don't have a favorite there). Brown Derby is fantastic (if expensive) and 50s Prime Time and Sci Fi both have great atmosphere. We love the Boardwalk area too, though. We usually eat CS for lunch in the park and then go back to the hotel (or Epcot) for dinner.

We rarely do CS here because we like the TS. Though some disagree, we not only like 50's prime time, but we like Mama Melrose and have had a delightful meal at H&V, the character meal. I agree, do not leave to eat. Just plan your main meal of the day to me a TS here, lots of choices!

Sci-Fi always gets a big thumbs up from my kids, although they are much older than yours. My youngest wants his birthday lunch there next week! :thumbsup2 We thought H&V left a lot to be desired and wouldn't really recommend it. Plus, getting up and down to a buffet with little kids isn't very relaxing when you've been walking/waiting in lines all day. ;)

Starring Rolls - I had a turkey sandwich there that was pretty good, no inside tables though. The best thing there are the super gigantic delicious bakery items (cupcakes, chocolate eclairs, etc.) loaded with so much sugar your belly will be turning inside out. I'm not real big on sweets..... but I tasted an eclair and a butterfinger cupcake that was very good. The also have the grapefruit cake served at Brown Derby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter