Studio vs. 1 bedroom

dtr_angel

Sorry I'm Late
We're in the beginning stages of planning our next trip to Disney in December 2014. We are planning on renting points and doing a split stay at 2 deluxe resorts but we aren't entirely sure which ones yet. I just started looking at points calculators to get an idea of where we might be staying and the costs, but that is not my question...

The trip is just going to be myself, my DH, and our son will be almost 2.5 at the time. Do we need a studio or a 1 bedroom? DH and I have stayed in standard rooms at AKL and WL before. Is a studio comparable to a standard deluxe room space wise? I know we don't *need* a one bedroom for just the three of us, but if it is that small then I think we would be cramped. Does the 1 bedroom have more than 1 bathroom? Does the studio include a washer/dryer? I know I've seen this information somewhere before but I can't seem to find it right now.

Last edited:
We're in the beginning stages of planning our next trip to Disney in December 2014. We are planning on renting points and doing a split stay at 2 deluxe resorts but we aren't entirely sure which ones yet. I just started looking at points calculators to get an idea of where we might be staying and the costs, but that is not my question...

The trip is just going to be myself, my DH, and our son will be almost 2.5 at the time. Do we need a studio or a 1 bedroom? DH and I have stayed in standard rooms at AKL and WL before. Is a studio comparable to a standard deluxe room space wise? I know we don't *need* a one bedroom for just the three of us, but if it is that small then I think we would be cramped. Does the 1 bedroom have more than 1 bathroom? Does the studio include a washer/dryer? I know I've seen this information somewhere before but I can't seem to find it right now.

My parents have expressed interest in going with us. If that is the case, would 4 adults and a baby fit comfortably in a 1 bedroom? I'm not banking on them being along for the trip, just trying to get organized with the details in case they surprise us and don't bail this time!

A studio has a queen bed and a double sofabed except for OKW which has 2 queens. Should be fine for 2 adults and a small child.

A 1 bedroom has a king in the master, queen sofabed in the living room, some also have a sleeper chair (twin size). Problem if you bring your parents is who gets the sofabed? I would get 2 studios or a 2 bedroom.

The studio does not have a washer and dryer in the villa. There is a laundry room that you can use. Know, too, that if you "rent points" you get limited housekeeping. If you stay seven nights or less, you get your trash removed and towels replaced on day four. In a studio you will get four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths. If you stay eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day four, and trash and towel service on day eight. On day 12, the cycle repeats. If you need more towels or suppies, you will pay for them. No just requesting extras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter