Studio Questions for HHI

VMS

DIS Veteran
Our 11th trip to HHI will have us in a studio for the first time rather than a two bedroom. Can someone suggest studio rooms that they stayed in and liked? I know most are in the main building, with others under grand villas in other buildings, is this correct? Also, where are the washers / driers and are they free to DVC members and are they larger than the ones in the villas? Thanks!

We requested main building and marsh view, and had a nice view of the inlet next to the main building. The laundry room is on the same level as the lobby, just past the small patio and grill area. There are two commercial sized washers and dryers each iirc. All detergent and fabric softener sheets are for sale in the laundry room. Washers and dryers are free.

Our 11th trip to HHI will have us in a studio for the first time rather than a two bedroom. Can someone suggest studio rooms that they stayed in and liked? I know most are in the main building, with others under grand villas in other buildings, is this correct? Also, where are the washers / driers and are they free to DVC members and are they larger than the ones in the villas? Thanks!

We've stayed in several studios, and we really liked #1134 and #1136, except for one thing. If you're going at a warm time of year, these studios face east and are very warm (hot) in the am, at least on the balcony.
But here's the view from 1134, high tide-

DSCF1367.jpg

And low tide-

DSCF1365.jpg

We have been to HHI too many times to count since since 2000, but the first time we ever styed in a studio was this december 30-jan1 on our way back from xmas week at VWL. we stayed in building 13 (main lodge area) and over looked the marsh..sorry can't remember number but it was on top floor.

Connears

I think they are all good, except those in building 12. Because those are near the road and parking area, and not far from the bands at the non-Disney restaurants, we've found them noisy, particularly on the balconies.

Thanks for the responses. Also, does the studio have a laundry basket in it or should I bring one from home?

There are only 21 studios at HH. 16 are in the front desk area (Buildings 11/12) and the other 5 are under one of the 5 GVs (Buildings 16,18,19, 28 and 30).

Some of the Studios in Building 11 are HCA. Most of the Studios have a Marsh view but a few have an island view of interior areas of the resort. None overlook the pool.

Here is a map of the resort - http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/HHMap.pdf

Enjoy! :)

What about a laundry basket?

Although I'm not positive, I don't THINK there was one in a studio. The one in the 1 BR was by the washer and dryer, and since there's not a washer/dryer in the studio, I don't remember a laundry basket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter