• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Studio or 1 Bedroom??

dashlite

Earning My Ears
I have search the forums and I was not able to get a good answer...anyway...I am going go the BCV in June of 2010. Is it worth it to get a one bedroom or a studio. There is 4 of us, 4 year old, 7 year old and old mom and dad.
Any insight would be great.
Thanks in advnace.:cool2:

I would ask myself a couple/few questions?

How much time will you spend in the room?
Do you want to cook?
Will you do laundry?

While studios are very nice, you can't beat the extra room in a 1 bedroom. I'd go for the 1 bedroom. Have fun!

If you have enought points, I'd suggest a 1BR.

Kids will probably sleep on pull out couch in living room
You'll have a full kitchen in which you can do breakfast, maybe sandwiches, etc.
You'll have a DVD player with the TV
You'll have a washer and dryer in your room

I love coming back after a long day and being able to sit on a couch, not the edge of the bed. It's so much more comfortable.
You also have the option of putting the little ones to bed in the bedroom and closing the door not having to worry about being quiet or whatever, then moving them to the pull out couch later.

If there had been a DVC when we were raising our boys who are now in their 30s, there's no question we would have stayed in 1 bedrooms. Our most memorable, happy trips with them were when we rented a trailer in FW.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I have search the forums and I was not able to get a good answer...anyway...I am going go the BCV in June of 2010. Is it worth it to get a one bedroom or a studio. There is 4 of us, 4 year old, 7 year old and old mom and dad.
The only problem with doing a 1 bedroom is the fact that you will NEVER want to go back to a studio!

The only problem with doing a 1 bedroom is the fact that you will NEVER want to go back to a studio!
AMEN!!! :lmao:

We love having a washer and dryer in the room. I throw a load of clothes in before we leave for the day, throw it in the dryer when we get back, and our clothes and/or towels stay clean. We pack less, and love having the living space. If your 4 year old still naps, you'll find it's nice to put him/her off in a room, and be able to close the door. Lastly, we really don't cook, but we usually do eat one or two meals a day in our room (depends on our plans for the day).

Not that I wouldn't stay in a studio, but the extra room and extra TV ;) is WONDERFUL, and makes the space feel like a small apartment. :thumbsup2

Also depends how many times you want to come to Disney

1-Bed = 1 8 night stay Sat-Sat
Studio = 2 8 night stays Sat-Sat

We are in the room maybe 3 hours while awake. So the studio is fine for 4 adults. I cook at home, so vacation is no cooking and no laundry.

Just my 2 cents worth

Mark

how well does everyone get along? Is everyone in your family nice to each other?

the kids don't tease each other?

if you can answer yes - then a studio will be fine.

if not - do you really want to in the middle of the fights?
then might consider a 1-bedroom

can the kids sleep together in the double sleeper sofa without fighting.

if not - then take a air mattress twin with the bedding. no matter which the kids would need to share the sleeper sofa - be it queen or double - so if they fight bring something else.

Originally Posted by Buckeye Fan

Not that I wouldn't stay in a studio, but the extra room and extra TV is WONDERFUL, and makes the space feel like a small apartment.

Our first two apartments were actually smaller than the 1 BR!!! :rotfl2:

We had a 1 BR for just DH and I in January. It turned out to be a God send because I ended up getting very ill. I could just go to bed and close the door and DH did not have to worry about disturbing me. That experience alone sold me on a 1 BR. With kiddoes, I would definitely go with the 1 BR.

We just returned from our 1st stay in a studio. In fact, we spent 2 nights in a studio and 2 nights in a 1BR. Our kids are 14 & 11.

Even if it is just DH & me, I think I'll always go for the 1BR. I get up earlier than he does, and it is so nice to be able to close the bedroom door to make coffee and move about without disturbing him.

AND the extra room in the bathroom makes it nicer for getting ready to leave.

AND we love doing a quick load of laundry while we are asleep so there is less to do when we get home.

Yep, all said, I don't think we'll stay in a studio again.

We just returned from our 1st stay in a studio. In fact, we spent 2 nights in a studio and 2 nights in a 1BR. Our kids are 14 & 11.

Even if it is just DH & me, I think I'll always go for the 1BR. I get up earlier than he does, and it is so nice to be able to close the bedroom door to make coffee and move about without disturbing him.

AND we love doing a quick load of laundry while we are asleep so there is less to do when we get home.

Yes, those are our reasons for always doing a 1 bedroom for just the 2 of us. if we have a third person, we get a 2 bedroom. I don't want anyone other than a child sleeping on the pull out. Since we have no children in our family anymore, that means either a 1 bedroom for two of us or a 2 bedroom for 3 or more.

Ditto + We like to cook most of our own meals.

I cannot possibly bear to stay in a single hotel room/studio with all four of us for more than a single night---maybe two.

I always prefer a one-bedroom to a studio. So if you have the points, go for a one-bedroom.

to be able to keep a door between you and the rugrats..yes well worth it!!!

this is vacation and it is also your vacation, the kids can have fun during the day, you and spouse can escape at night.
also good for breakfasts in the room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter