• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Studio occupancy limits

LAX

DIS Veteran
I have done a search and read up on a good number of threads on this. Based on what I saw, the only studios (after the most recent round of refurbishments) that allow up to 5 people (not counting <3 yo) are: BWV, BCV, VWL, VGF, and PVB. Am I missing any?? Since we are a family of 5 with 3 relatively young children for now, we are still able to "squeeze" into a studio that sleeps 5. Just want to see what our options are. Thanks.

LAX

I have done a search and read up on a good number of threads on this. Based on what I saw, the only studios (after the most recent round of refurbishments) that allow up to 5 people (not counting <3 yo) are: BWV, BCV, VWL, VGF, and PVB. Am I missing any?? Since we are a family of 5 with 3 relatively young children for now, we are still able to "squeeze" into a studio that sleeps 5. Just want to see what our options are. Thanks.

LAX

Since renovations are not complete at BWV and BCV, they are not officially included now except for BWV pool/garden view.

AKL/AKV too right?!

No, the AKV studios do not sleep 5 and are not getting the murphy bed in their soft goods refurb. All the 1BR's at AKV except the value category do sleep 5 however.

LAX
I think it's a reasonable expectation that all resorts will be configured for 5 other than AKV value studios but it will take time. At some point you'll likely need larger, a 1 BR at some point and likely a 2 BR down the line. Studios are also more difficult to book due to availability. I'd plan accordingly and consider enough points to give you options later. IMO this situation almost always needs a large cushion of points (50% or so) or a smaller cushion (still 20%) plus a planned add on later.

I think it's a reasonable expectation that all resorts will be configured for 5 other than AKV value studios but it will take time. At some point you'll likely need larger, a 1 BR at some point and likely a 2 BR down the line. Studios are also more difficult to book due to availability. I'd plan accordingly and consider enough points to give you options later. IMO this situation almost always needs a large cushion of points (50% or so) or a smaller cushion (still 20%) plus a planned add on later.

I am well aware of the eventual need for an 1 bedroom. For the next few years at least, we will likely be able to get by with a studio. So, it appears that I will at least have 5 villas worth of studio inventory to draw from (at different point levels, course).

LAX

I think it's a reasonable expectation that all resorts will be configured for 5 other than AKV value studios but it will take time.

Not sure BLT ever gets to 5. The space allocation of those rooms is such I'm not sure they can.

So, it appears that I will at least have 5 villas worth of studio inventory to draw from (at different point levels, course).

I wouldn't count on VGF being an option unless you buy at VGF. It's more of a theoretical option at 7 months save as a split stay.

Not sure BLT ever gets to 5. The space allocation of those rooms is such I'm not sure they can.
I agree-BLT would be really tight with a Murphy bed-I honestly wonder if you would be able to have it open and get past it-there isn't a ton of room between the current dresser/TV stand and bed and if you replaced the table/chairs with it instead (assuming that area would even be long enough) I think you'd have the same problem with the sofa bed open. BLT studios are just so tight as it is.

I agree-BLT would be really tight with a Murphy bed-I honestly wonder if you would be able to have it open and get past it-there isn't a ton of room between the current dresser/TV stand and bed and if you replaced the table/chairs with it instead (assuming that area would even be long enough) I think you'd have the same problem with the sofa bed open. BLT studios are just so tight as it is.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. For fire escape purposes, you need to be able to walk between the end of a bed or sofa bed and the deployed Murphy bed towards the door, unobstructed. In theory, anyway.

I am well aware of the eventual need for an 1 bedroom. For the next few years at least, we will likely be able to get by with a studio. So, it appears that I will at least have 5 villas worth of studio inventory to draw from (at different point levels, course).

LAX

Our kids are 8, 12 and 14 and we've never gone bigger than a standard room / studio.. so it can be done. =) We are generally either in the parks or out enjoying the resort, so we don't notice the space pinch at all.

I wouldn't count on VGF being an option unless you buy at VGF. It's more of a theoretical option at 7 months save as a split stay.

Is a studio at VGF really that much more desirable than one at PVB? It appears that the studios at PVB are easier to get even though they cost the same points wise. Is it easier to get a 1-bedroom at BWV than a studio at VGF? The point difference isn't that much more, so I might consider doing that instead of a studio at VGF or PVB.

Our kids are 8, 12 and 14 and we've never gone bigger than a standard room / studio.. so it can be done. =) We are generally either in the parks or out enjoying the resort, so we don't notice the space pinch at all.

We probably won't stay at the resort much either, but I figure when the kids get older, they probably want some space to stretch out during however limited time we may have in the room. Thus, we will likely eventually grow into an 1-bedroom in the future. Plus, some of the "cheaper" 1-bedrooms really don't cost that much more (point-wise) than the "expensive" studios anyway.

LAX

Last edited:
Is a studio at VGF really that much more desirable than one at PVB?
It's less about "desirability" and more about "quantity available." Once Poly is fully declared (it's not, yet), it has over 300 studios. VGF has 47 total. It is easier to get a Poly studio because there are so many more of them.

Is it easier to get a 1-bedroom at BWV than a studio at VGF?
Generally, 1BR are the easiest units to get at any resort that has them, especially where they're part of lock-offs.

Is a studio at VGF really that much more desirable than one at PVB? It appears that the studios at PVB are easier to get even though they cost the same points wise. Is it easier to get a 1-bedroom at BWV than a studio at VGF? The point difference isn't that much more, so I might consider doing that instead of a studio at VGF or PVB.

You have to look at the size of the resort. 47 studios at VGF vs 360 at PVB. That is why it will be more difficult at VGF.

And 1BR's are always easier to get than studios as they have similar or same occupancy but usually require double the points if you compare to studios at the same resort. If you are looking at BWV to VGF the point cost is different because one is older before the point creep really jumped in. And it will be a possible 279 1BR's vs the 47 VGF studios. But you can't count on standard view although the 1BR's in that category are frequently there at 7 months, but not always.

You have to look at the size of the resort. 47 studios at VGF vs 360 at PVB. That is why it will be more difficult at VGF.

And that is AT MOST 47, as there are 47 2 bedroom lock offs. However, I would bet that almost always translates to 47 1 BRs, and 47 Studios.

Note, VGF studios do not have a whole log of storage space. The 5th sleeper replaces storage space.

Which kinda stinks for parties less than 5 IMO.

And that is AT MOST 47, as there are 47 2 bedroom lock offs. However, I would bet that almost always translates to 47 1 BRs, and 47 Studios.

Note, VGF studios do not have a whole log of storage space. The 5th sleeper replaces storage space.

Which kinda stinks for parties less than 5 IMO.

Note: the same lack of storage exists at the Poly.

It's less about "desirability" and more about "quantity available." Once Poly is fully declared (it's not, yet), it has over 300 studios. VGF has 47 total. It is easier to get a Poly studio because there are so many more of them.

Generally, 1BR are the easiest units to get at any resort that has them, especially where they're part of lock-offs.

Thanks. That's good to know.

LAX

Note: the same lack of storage exists at the Poly.

I thought there was a more storage in PVB studio compared to a studio at VGF. There were large drawers under each side of the bed, the ottoman had lots of space and in each bathroom there were three drawers in the vanity. A BLT studio has more space in the large dresser in the living room but not by much.

I suspect they can find a way but we'll see.
I can not ever imagine a murphy bed at BLT...those rooms are so tight. Put the couch out on the balcony while your at it since it touches the window. Those rooms are beyond small in the configuration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter