Studio at Poly vs Wilderness Lodge in May

starryagain

Mouseketeer
Which would you choose in our situation? We are new DVC members at Boardwalk (have that booked as a fall back) but would prefer to stay at a MK area resort this trip. It will be 7 nights in early May 2016. It will be my husband and I and our two daughters who will be 3.5 years old and 7 months old. We will likely put the 3.5 year old on the murphy bed and the baby will be in a Pack and Play (we won't use the fold out couch).

The extra point for Poly are not a deterrent. The primary things we want are a really great pool experience, ease of transportation (we will probably have a car rental but don't want to use it often), good food options, relaxed feel.

In September 2014 we stayed at AKL - Jambo with our then two year old and loved everything minus the location (and the weather, but not Disney's fault on that).

Both are wonderful resorts. But with the ages of your children Poly def has some advantages. Monorail service to MK and Epcot. And Poly has a short walking path to TTC to get the Epcot monorail so you don't have to ride the whole resort loop to transfer to TTC. Another nice thing is being able to watch Wishes from the Poly Beach.
We loved Tokelau and stayed there before it changed to DVC.

I would go with the Poly. Definitely have more food options than WL (although WCC is a favorite for breakfast). Kona Cafe will make up for missing on WCC though. You'll also have the monorail. The pool construction should be finished so there won't be overcrowding at the main Poly pool. Love the theme at Poly as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter