Studio at BWV with 3 and 5 y.o.?

O&PsDad

Earning My Ears
Want to get some opinions from those of you who have been there and done that with our situation...
We are currently booked for BWV studio for 6 nts. in Apr. The last time we stayed at SSR in a studio, but my dd (then 2) was still in a pack and play and our ds (then age 4) slept on the sleeper sofa alone. This time, they will both need a bed. I'm envisioning chaos with the two of them sharing a bed and trying to get them to fall asleep in the same room. For 6 nights, this could get old quickly.

SO, was thinking about switching to SSR to a 1bd...checked and they have availability for when we need it. I'm on the fence b/c I haven't stayed at BWV yet and want to, but wife and I would like to have space away from kids at night and not have crazy bedtimes.
My questions are:
*Can a twin sized blow up mattress fit in a BWV studio?
*Have any of you stayed with 2 small children in a studio and wished you had booked a 1 bd?

I just don't want to jump to a 1 bd if it's really not necessary for sanity. :scared1:

I would just go with the 1br... its vacation... and going to bed and tip-toeing around during naps isnt much fun!

I own at BWV and DH and I do well in a studio. Cannot imagine a studio with 2 kids. I would go for the 1 bedroom. a blow up mattress would fit in a studio but it would be quite crowded.

Many kids are so exhausted that they just crash at bedtime. Parents are surprised.

Yes, there is room for a twin size air mattress in the BWV studios.

If you go to a 1 bedroom, the kids will still be sharing a sleep sofa, although it will be a queen size (rather than the double size in the studios).

If you can afford the points, go with the 1 bedroom. The washer & dryer right in your villa is so nice, especially when traveling with small children. Less to pack and easy to throw a load in on your way out or before you go to bed.

The last time we stayed in a studio at SSR my kids were 2 & 4 They slept together fine on the sleeper sofa. They were so tired at night they passed out. I think you'll be fine. Of course it depends on how much time you plan on spending in the room.

We have stayed with DD and DS in a studio at AKV and SSR and they have been fine, they will be 3 and 5 next trip and we are staying at a studio at BLT and BWV

The twin sized air mattress will have to be in the entry way near the bathroom. I don't think it will fit well with the sleeper sofa opened up.

The one bedroom might not be needed for your sanity (but then again it might), but the one bedroom villa is really one of the main reasons for DVC for a family of four.

We just got back from a stay in a 2bedroom (1bedroom plus studio locked off). My family of four had the 1bedroom and our friends (family of four) had the studio at BWV. I remember looking into their room and thinking, "Oh my gosh - I'm so glad we have the 1 bedroom - we actually had our kids sleeping in the Master Bedroom with us - so we could put them to bed and then hang out in the living area... Anyway....if we had to go again and only had enough points for a studio - we would do it.

The only reason I would suggest keeping your studio at BWV is because of the location! We loved walking to EPCOT and Hollywood - or taking the short boatride back. I think your kids will just crash at night - you can step out onto your balcony and talk with each other. They might like sharing the bed just fine. Our friends have two kids - a 3 year old boy and a 7 year old girl - and they shared just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter