• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stuck on rides? Splash Mtn

2002 -
We were at MVMCP and our 4 DS went to ride Splash Mountain while DH & I waited at the exit for them. For 45 minutes nobody was exiting and neither the CMs at the photo location or the gift shop had any information on why. They never even called anyone.

When our sons finally exited, nearly an hour since we had left them, they said they were stuck at the top of the hill where the vultures are. They heard over and over and over and over, "So you're looking for a laughing place, eh? We'll show you a laughing place."

No exiting the ride, no sorry, no Fastpasses. With MVMCP being a hard ticket event it was especially upsetting. We ended up missing the fireworks completely too.

2005 -
Two DS and I were on the Haunted Mansion and we got stuck right under the bride, near the exit, under the bride. Over and over we heard, "Don't forget to bring your death certificate."

No exiting and no Fastpasses.

2012 -
DH, 2 DS and were on PotC during MNSSHP and spent about 45 minutes listening to Jack Sparrow sing. It was at the end where he's in the chair and surrounded by all the treasure. We could see a CM and the people in the boat in front of us were yelling to him, asking if they could exit, could they shut the audio off, etc. and he acted, the entire time, like he didn't hear or see anyone.

No exiting and no Fastpasses.

I know I've been stuck on other rides but those 3 stand out the most. They were long waits. Fastpasses would have been nice, especially for the party nights.

In 2011 We got stuck on Spaceship Earth right at "Planet Earth" when the car was turning around for about 45 minutes and of course my niece who was 7 at the time had to go to the bathroom We told her to sing her ABC to get her mind off of the bathroom

About 2 days after that we got stuck on Splash but thankfully it was near the end CMs had to pull the boats to the side and let us out and got FP's which we gave away

We got stuck on splash on the first hill going up half way up our boat stopped. :scared: thankfully it was only for a few minutes. And I always get stuck by that waterfall lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
~Hi ShayBells! :wave: Wow, I would hate to get stuck on an incline especially in the water. So, if I had to choose, I'll take the waterfall over the incline any day! :rotfl: :goodvibes

Feel terrible for anyone that was stuck by that little waterfall right after the big drop that always seems to get me wet just when I think the worst of it is over.

Haha! We got stuck there once for about 10 minutes! I was on the side right next to that little waterfall...doesn't seem like much when you're just cruising on by, but sit there for a few minutes and you can get soaked!!!

Been stopped too many times to count, but we have only been truly stuck 3 times.
The first was on EE at the top just before you go backwards. We sat for 15 minutes, but the the ride started up again and we just ride it back.
The second time was on the HM in the crystal ball area. This was me and DD who was 6 at the time. It would have been fine, but also in the ride was a large group of South American teenagers who screamed the whole time. By the time we were rescued my DD was terrified.
The final time was the one that got to me. We were on mission space (the easy one, I ca never remember if that is green or orange). We got stuck in the ride with that screen/console that tilts towards you so there is little space between it and you. Well it turns out that I am kind of claustrophobic. Which I didn't realize until then. By the time they got us out, I was in full blown panic attack. I don't think that is one that I wl ever ride again. We got fast passes for that one.

Does anyone know WHY they get stuck? What happens?? Is it always a malfunction? Are they serious malfunctions?

I'm no CM, so I can't say officially what goes on, but I think they happen for a multitude of reasons. There are several safety systems on every ride, from what I understand.

Like I said, sometimes someone doing something dumb triggers a safety mechanism. Clearly the Peoplemover has several safety cameras.

Did you ever notice the 'falling rock' in BTMRR had wear spots(from folks rubbing it)...now it's gone. My guess is that's part of why they removed it.

Someone posted about exiting a ride without direct CM supervision. That's a BAD idea. I posted about a guy who died on Splash- that's basically what he did- he tried to get out of his flume and ended up crushed between/under two logs. He lost his balance. At least according to what I read at the time. I'll never forget the lesson, because we joked about climbing out ourselves.

I think many guests do not consider the possibility of an evacuation when they get on a ride. Perhaps it's something we should consider more often. Like often enough there are posts here about pregnant ladies riding attractions. Being stuck on a ride while expecting could be a significant challenge - or at least very different from riding it normally.

Another common thing, like I said, is a guest having trouble loading/unloading attractions that are 'continuous load' - like HM and Buzz. If a guest takes too long (or clearly needs help), I think CM's have the ability to stop a ride. I've read that when certain rides go to what's called a 'full stop' then CM's have to empty the ride before they can resume.

We once got stopped at the ideal spot in Buzz, we all maxed our scores pretty quickly. that's great ride to get stopped. Sadly, if TSM stops, the ability to score points also stops. We've never had a long stop on TSM, but did have a short one. I was also disappointed that the TSM CM's did not offer us any chance to ride again or get a FP.

When we got stuck on PotC, the CM's told us it was a matter of our boat getting more or less grounded. It was probably due to uneven weight distribution. I've been on that many times over the years, and that was the only time we got truly stuck. Funny thing was, that day, we got stuck on a number of attractions. Most were only like 5-10minutes. That's why it was kind of funny when we ALSO got stuck on PotC!

The monorail is another beast. While I've never had to have my own train towed, I've been on the monorail while another train did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter