Stuck on rides? Splash Mtn

suz2

Mouseketeer
We were at MK last week. Something happened that had never happened to us before. We were stuck on Splash Mtn. for about 20 mins. The CMs came through and had us exit the boat. It was neat to see the behind the scenes. We got a FP to any ride. Just wondering if this happens often? We have gone to WDW many times and this has never happened to us. There was one group with us on ride that had been to WDW 23 times. It had never happened to them either. Just curious??

Feel terrible for anyone that was stuck by that little waterfall right after the big drop that always seems to get me wet just when I think the worst of it is over.

We were at MK last week. Something happened that had never happened to us before. We were stuck on Splash Mtn. for about 20 mins. The CMs came through and had us exit the boat. It was neat to see the behind the scenes. We got a FP to any ride. Just wondering if this happens often? We have gone to WDW many times and this has never happened to us. There was one group with us on ride that had been to WDW 23 times. It had never happened to them either. Just curious??

Got stuck on there Thanksgiving night 2011. Waited about 20 minutes to exit the boat, held another 20 minutes or so while MSEP went by (CMs allowed us to stay, unique view), then walked out through several of the last scenes and got an anywhere FP too. This Disney geek loved it.

We were stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean for over 45 minutes one time. In the "Who wants the Red Head" room... We still laugh about it. It took them 20-30 minutes to turn off the sound.. wow.. That song stayed stuck in our head the whole vacation! :rotfl: We giggle every time we go through that room. They finally pushed the boats over to the side and we got off and walked out of the back of the ride. That was years ago, before any type of FP. We didn't get any sort of sorry, not that I thought we needed one, but I thought a PoC key chain would have been nice! :rolleyes1

We were inside by the roadrunner. I thought it was cool to see it from another view. The CMs did ask for no one to take pictures.

We were inside by the roadrunner. I thought it was cool to see it from another view. The CMs did ask for no one to take pictures.

Same no picture spiel for us too. We were stuck outside at the bottom of the first large lift hill, early in the ride. To our immediate right was the big drop.

On another trip we were stuck in the last part of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Walked out and back through the one large room with all the coaster track and the lights on. That was even better.

Got stuck on Imagination for about 20 minutes - - and they would not stop the music

The worst part was when it started again I was only 20 feet from the exit and they did not walk us off.

Oh - but they did give me a fast pass for Mission Space - thanks so much - NOT

Been stuck on numerous other rides as well - Splash, People mover, the old sky ride thing (too many times), haunted mansion,Spaceship Earth, buzz, peter pan, small world - if you go often enough you will get stuck on almost every ride at some point in time

FYI: no matter what - don't get up and walk off unless they tell you to - people have been very seriously hurt - especially on splash

We got stuck on Spaceship Earth once and had to be walked out (they gave us a worthless FP as I recall). I did learn that the guy pounding the reeds into paper is very dedicated to his job. He never stopped pounding!

Years ago I think in 92 I was stuck in the pavilion that is now Test Track -World of Motion

We were stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean for over 45 minutes one time. In the "Who wants the Red Head" room... We still laugh about it. It took them 20-30 minutes to turn off the sound.. wow.. That song stayed stuck in our head the whole vacation! :rotfl: We giggle every time we go through that room. They finally pushed the boats over to the side and we got off and walked out of the back of the ride. That was years ago, before any type of FP. We didn't get any sort of sorry, not that I thought we needed one, but I thought a PoC key chain would have been nice! :rolleyes1

Haa!! We got stuck on POTC too once, except we were right at the end where they are whistling for that dog. :/ They actually had us all literally "rock the boat" back onto the track (into the track whatever). It was funny. Picture a boat full of people rocking back and forth with CMs on the other side trying to push it. Quite a sight. Don't ask me how that boat got stuck, I have no idea.

I wouldn't say it happens often, but I've had my fair share of stoppages.

Never stuck as in a spiel came over the PA system, but the last room before the exit tunnel on It's a small world we were backed up for what seemed like 30 mins and that music just kept playing and playing and playing and playing. By the time we got to the exit tunnel I was ready to jump out of the boat and walk the platform to the exit.

Eventually the song turned into the Simpson's Duff Beer for Me song :)

There was another time when we were stuck on the People Mover in the tunnel and every 30 - 60 seconds the PA system would announce to people to remain seated, it was so ungodly loud in that tunnel when the voices were talking you had to cover your ears just to hear at a normal volume. No we're sorry, nothing, just a CM walking down the hallway twice with a flashlight....

We were stuck on POTC underneath the fog machine at the beginning of the line. While most of the boats were close enough to a walkway to get out, the people in our boat and the one behind us sat for almost an hour until the fire department came and tied the boats together so we could walk to a boat that was close enough to the walkway to get out. Someone in our party had an anxiety attack and while they offered us fastpasses, we went to customer service and had our passes credited to get a free day in the parks because of the anxiety attack. We were very impressed how the Disney employees went above and beyond their usually great customer service to make sure we were ok.

Feel terrible for anyone that was stuck by that little waterfall right after the big drop that always seems to get me wet just when I think the worst of it is over.

The last time we rode we got stuck in the worst possible spot - you got it - right after the big drop and around the side where the water kept splashing us!

I was NOT a happy camper! :furious: Of course, we had 'nothing' to keep it off us, and I, worse than DH, was a drowned rat! Had to go back and get dry clothes.

Over 30 years going and never got stuck on any ride, experienced a few " down times " but never while I was on anything...now that I have opened my big mouth it will probably happen My BIGGEST fear it will be at HM just as you recline..I say prayers during that short time as it is makes me nervous like " buried alive " :scared1: Going to MNSSHP tomorrow night maybe I'll chicken out on this one and just go for the pictures outside :rotfl: Why push my luck ?? Other than HM I too think like Disney Geek Mesaboy2 it would be pretty cool !

Yep this has happened to me. It was on Dinosaur! Something happened and we came to a quick and complete stop right in the middle of it. We waited about 10 min before all the lights came on and someone over the speakers said to remain seated, a cast member will assist you shortly. After about another 10 min. We seen 2 cast members walking towards us, followed by everyone who was on the ride behind us! They assisted us down out of the car and we had to walk through the ride with the lights on to the exit. To be honest it was totally awesome! I can ride dinosaur whenever, but how often do you get to walk it with all the lights on and see everything? I was excited, and we got a fast pass for anything after we go out so it was good. :) we have also been stuck on ToT for about 25 min, also coming to a complete stop. Now THAT one I will say was a little scary! But the completely freaked out people in front of us made it sort of entertaining lol! My family was one of the only ones who agreed to go right back on it after it was fixed, without going through the line again! Everyone else said SEE YA! Haha

I was really unhappy that we were stuck inside on the People Mover for 30 minutes and missed MNSSHP's fireworks. Yeah like that one fast pass made up for missing the fireworks. :headache: They should have given us more or came to get us!

Now it's kinda funny.:rotfl: We laugh about being stuck on the People Mover. We just aren't going near that ride again!

We were stuck on TOT at the top (after a couple drops) for about 20 minutes! Talk about scary. After 20 minutes the lights went on and we were slowly brought to the bottom. We were told it was not a mechanical issue and they let us right back on - except for 2 girls. Apparently, they monkeyed around with their seatbelts so that they would fly up in the air and they were caught! They were told they couldn't come back on the ride for the rest of the day.

Secondly, we got stuck on Primeval Whirl (near the top) and had to be walked off. That was our first time being walked off a ride (we go at least annually). They gave us a FP for later in the day.

We had a couple of experiences....Splash Mountain had multiple stops/start on one ride usually only a few mintues, till we got to the top of the drop and about a 1/4 of the way out and then stopped for what seemed a long time. Great view at sunset - but scary once it started again. Another at AK on KS stuck in an overcrowded seat on the savanah section for over an hour. That was not fun at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter