Stryofoam coolers?

chrisann

DIS Veteran
we have one of those nice styrofoam coolers with the handle, can we bring that as welll or is it only the collapsible coolers allowed onboard? Thanks!! also, i thought i read somewhere, that on castaway cay, you could bring your own inflatable and they'd inflate it somewhere for you for no charge? thanks so much! Just last minute questions!!

we have one of those nice styrofoam coolers with the handle, can we bring that as welll or is it only the collapsible coolers allowed onboard? Thanks!! also, i thought i read somewhere, that on castaway cay, you could bring your own inflatable and they'd inflate it somewhere for you for no charge? thanks so much! Just last minute questions!!

Hard to say...I think that those are difficult to carry around till you get to your room and not very durable (at least the styrofoam coolers we've had were not). On a personal note, I have given up those styrofoam coolers as they break apart so easily and the sound of a styrofoam cooler has the same effect as nails on a blackboard to me. Just one of those quirks of mine.

After more thought, those really look like coolers so I do not know if they will let you bring it onboard. The rolling type coolers could pass for the most part as luggage but a styrofoam cooler shouts out COOLER as DCL's official policy is no coolers onboard (but it is not really enforced...do they not enforce it because most rolling coolers do no look like coolers and they can let it slide or do they not enforce the rule at all...that I don't know).

And no, I do not believe there is anywhere/anyone on CC that will blow up your inflatable for you (unless you happened upon a very nice CM by the DCL floats). But, I have never heard of them blowing up your float or raft as standard policy.

They allow you to bring your own but you must blow it up yourself.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter