Struggling to Plan

NJBride2Be

Earning My Ears
I start grad school in 3 weeks so I am trying my hardest to plan as much as I can for my May wedding now. I am trying to figure out an estimated budget as well as if I can really afford some of the extras I want like a dessert party or other add ons...I know my wedding at this point in time is not a priority to my planner but without this information now I may miss out on things later on...has anyone else had trouble getting information from their planner or felt like they are being blown off?

I know how you feel, we are just talking to a sales manager at the moment but getting info from her is like getting blood from a stone. I'm always emailling her and we need to save for this wedding and without somekind of estimates how on earth are we going to afford it!

I'm 4 weeks away from my contract today so I'm hoping once thats done we can get a bit more info from them but at the moment we hardly get anything

I'm sorry to hear that you're both having trouble getting info from your sales manager. I have to admit mine was great (Bill), but you are both right once you sign your contract you will get tons more info from your planner. Have you checked out mouseweddings.com? She has a ton of great info on some of the pricing for the different locations, etc. Also, if you want the pricing for the dessert parties I have the PDF that they sent me and I can email it to you if you want just PM me.

I just wanted to pop in & say welcome & i hope things start coming together for you....theres nothing worse than waiting to hear from someone & you hear NOTHING!!!
dont get discouraged...were here for you !!

congrats!! & good luck in school:goodvibes

I know you don't have a lot of time to be on the Internet, but I have to say that if you do a couple searches for "budget" on this board, you will get tons of info on what people have spent.

I was able to assemble a (hopefully) realistic budget just by looking at other brides' budgets. My favorite is Ember's post about how she had a Wishes wedding for just a little over the $10,000 minimum:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1521764

I know exactly how you are feeling. I am in my last year of college and the next semester starts in a couple of weeks, just finished with summer classes. Since I am taking a full hard course load I am trying to plan and get things done now. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out that well and I still am going to have a lot to do once school starts. I just now signed my contract for my Jan. wedding at the Swan. It's taken a lot to get anyone to move on my wedding and it's 5 months from now. I am also doing at lot of DIY projects for my wedding, so that takes time. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter