Strollers?

leighmerz

Mouseketeer
I am a Disney newbie and will be bringing a stroller or two with us! I was wondering if you leave some of your things in the stroller when you are on rides or if you try to haul it all in a backpack? When I say leave things, I mean wipes, hand sanitizer... things that are not a huge deal if they get taken. Also, does anyone use stroller locks ?

We leave our bag on the stroller while we are on rides. I don't leave cameras, etc. but bottles of water, sunscreen, wipes, etc. stay.

We haven't had any problems.

I always wondered if anyone had things missing when I would see the long rows of strollers outside of rides.

We have ALWAYS left all sorts of stuff in our stroller. I try and remember to take all the valuable stuff with us (purse, wallet, camera, tickets, etc.) but honestly we've even forgotten some of that stuff in the stroller at times and never had an issue. I think wipes & diapers will be more than safe!

We leave stuff in/on the stroller that would not be too tough or inconvienent to replace. So the bag with diapers, wipes, change of clothes, sunblock, etc gets left regularly. Purse, wallet, phone and camera goes with us at all times. We've never had anything go missing.

We haven't been yet, but we're already planning on taking 2 bags - one that we'll leave in the stroller that will have snacks, an extra outfit for DS, sunscreen, things we don't care if they're stolen, and the other bag we'll have with us, and it will have camera's, phones, money, tickets, etc.

I think very little gets stolen, but wouldn't recommend leaving valuables. That said, I have accidently left my wallet in the backpack sitting on the stroller seat and had no problems. If you figure most people are going to bring their valuables with them and leave the wipes/diaper etc in a bag, even if someone wanted to steal, it would take looking through a lot of strollers to find the one that had something worthwhile in it.

No one answered your question about the stroller lock. I don't think most people use them, because they aren't needed. Even the Bugaboos, Orbits, BOBs etc don't seem to get stolen. But if you use a lock, you have to make sure the wheels are still usable. Often CMs will rearrange strollers to make more room, so having one locked up to a permanent object, or having all the wheels locked would make things difficult.
I read once that you can put a lock around one wheel and the frame. So the stroller is still moveable, but someone would get strange looks trying to take it through and then out of the park, thus minimizing the chance of theft.

I plan on visiting disney in May and I bought a bike lock to use just in case I need to lock the wheels when going into a restaurant. I have heard that strollers can get taken anywhere, so I bought one just in case. Its a combination lock so no key necessary. We will just lock and unlock it will be a hassle. But at least I will have some relief that no one will take it and my baby will have it. :thumbsup2

Just wanted to add that if you leave snacks in the stroller, keep them tightly sealed, and put well away. I have seen squirrels and/or birds get into unattended strollers and pull out snacks. THey are very tricky, strong, and brave about this.

If I see it happen I always try to frighten them off, and if I see the stroller owners when they come back I warn them of what happened. But these critters live in WDW, so they are not scared of people at all. So they come right back.

You should be fine as long as you don't leave any valuables or purchases. I've never seen anyone bothering strollers at WDW. Personally, we choose to pack everything in my purse and a small backpack (we travel as light as possible), so we leave nothing in the stroller because we have a camera and other items in our 2 bags.

Some areas have a single stroller parking area for a large walking distance, The Seas building in Epcot is a perfect example.
So, I recommend a small diaper bag with enough for 2 changes and the baby necessities to carry around all the time and the rest if the baby supplies in a large bag kept with the stroller.

We just got back on Sunday from our first trip. We left almost everything in the stroller but did have a backpack that help some more valuable stuff. However, towards the end, we did buy some souvenirs at HS and left it all in the stroller. Nothing every disappeared. There are a few places that are monitored by cast members too. We never had any problems except parking our stroller in a spot occasionally and coming out to find it moved. It was never hard to find but it would have been nice to know that was a "no stroller parking" zone. :)

We use the 2 bag trick, too. We keep the collapsible cooler in the bottom of the stroller with drinks and ice. Then I put the snacks in a ziplock inside the cooler. Jackets (we go in Jan or Feb) get put in the bottom of the stroller. All valuables, autograph books, lovies, etc. go into the bag that I carry onto rides.

Oh- we used the stroller lock when we took 2 umbrella strollers. That was the year AFTER our stroller was stolen in MK. This year we only took 1, so I just prayed it would be there everytime I came back.;)

Nothing to worry about. We left all of our stuff in the stroller whenever we all went on a ride. There are hundreds of strollers parked in certain areas outside each attraction that you really must think of the chances of YOUR stroller being that one that would get something taken from.. the chances at all are slim anyways, in Disney you won't find those type of people, everyone is there for the purpose of having a nice family VK. You can rest assure it's okay to leave things in your stroller. We still brought any valuables we had on us on the rides with us but we forget our phones and cameras more times than I could count and never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter