Strollers

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by tlcintheberry, Apr 1, 2006.

1. tlcintheberry

tlcintheberry Mouseketeer

Does anyone else have trouble with the umbrella strollers? The cheap ones you can buy, they are too short for my DH to push around, he is always hunched over and it hurts his back after a while. I will need to rent the ones there. We got rid of our nice stroller as the kids got older but I did have the umbrella one and it just never worked for him. I am undecided on if I need to rent the double one or 2 singles. How akward is it to push around the double? Also is there a parking spot for them at each attraction? I dont remember seeiing a stroller spot at It's a Small World. I only remember the long lines. I guess I never took notice. Any help would be nice. Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MomLC

MomLC We Love Our Princess

I still have my full size stroller that I take with me for my DD. I know they sell a travel stroller at Babies R Us that I used when my DD was 2. Same height as a regular stroller, small basket at the bottom, cup holder on top, the seat is a little smaller then a full size stroller and it also had a 2 position recliner. I think I paid about $30 2 yrs. ago. As for the double stroller from Disney I never rented one but they don't seem that bad. As for the parking at Small World there is a central area for all of the strollers that is roped off near Small World.

4. Mouse House Mama

Mouse House Mama <font color=red>Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!<br>

For what it will cost you to rent one for a week you can buy one. I would just get an inexpensive double stroller that you use only for WDW. JMHO. princess:

5. Brutie

Brutie Earning My Ears<br><font color=purple>I've been st

If you have the disney credit card, it allows you up to 2 free stroller rentals per card per day. I only hang onto the disney card to use for things such as this, I've never charged anything on it, you just need to show it to get the stroller rental. That way you wont have to lug your own to and from the park, just grab one when you get there.

6. byoung

byoung <font color=coral>You are keeping us alive<br><br>

This is new to me on the Disney card, anyone else?

7. ISANOAH MOM

ISANOAH MOM Earning My Ears

Just got a brochure on my Visa. My mom called Visa and confirmed this was good at DisneyLand, but they told her not for Disney World. Has anyone been able to use at WDW?

8. chr1972

chr1972 Mouseketeer

Anyone else have additional info if this is available in WDW?

9. ddesousa323

ddesousa323 Mouseketeer

Just checked my account online and this is all i could find ... If anyone knows anything different let me know

Special Benefit at the
    Disneyland® Resort for
    Disney’s Visa® Cardmembers!1

Enjoy your next trip to
    the Disneyland® Resort
    knowing that the
    Stroller Rentals are on us!2 2

Disney’s Visa Cardmembers can enjoy up to 2 FREE Stroller Rentals when visiting the Disneyland® Resort. Stroll along Main Street and enjoy all the exciting new shows and attractions in celebration of the 50th Anniversary.

This is just one of the great benefits available to you during the Happiest Homecoming On Earth! For more information on other benefits, visit the Current Offers section of this website under the “Disneyland® Resort” Category.

1Offer valid from 4/1/05 through 9/30/06. Present a valid Disney's Visa Card at time of purchase and use your Disney’s Visa Card or Disney Rewards Card for purchases. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Separate theme park admission may be required. Offer elements, including participating locations, are subject to change without notice.

2 Offer is subject to availability while supplies last. Stroller availability varies based on theme park attendance and other factors. Limit two free strollers per cardmember per day. Available only at the Main Entrance Stroller Rental Locations in Disneyland® or Disney’s California Adventure™ theme parks.

Offer made by Disney - Chase Bank USA, N.A. and its affiliates are not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Offer ID = 502849

10. Walkingtal

Walkingtal Earning My Ears

Hmm, well I hate to tell you my little secret but 1st I will tell you the stroller at DW are easy to push and get around with for I'm the one left to pushing the darn thing :rotfl2: . We just got back from PORS after a 7 day trip to DW and the time we spent in the parks I have always managed to find abandon strollers...The 1st year we have been renting, but since I just find them either being taken back by cast members who always if you ask will just give it to you. We always plan our days at the park after 1 PM so it does help the latter it is..

P.S I did not know about the Disney Club Visa had a perk like that..Darn we had our cards for years.

11. figmentfan704

figmentfan704 Mouseketeer

The double strollers are easy to push. We always rent a double even though we only have 1 child that sits in it. We can throw the backpack next to her and it gives her more room to lay down. It was never a problem to park it in the park.