strollers

di4chat2

WDW or Bust
Our daughter is 6, but on the small side, 42 lbs. We wondering if the double strollers for rent at the parks were big enough for her? She has ADHD and I can see her getting tired quickly of walking in the hot sun and we were looking for something for her to ride in. Also it would be handy to carry a bag with goodies and small toys to keep her happy. Do you know if the strollers go fast or would we easily be able to get one? What is the cost...I heard 10$ a day?
Di

I have two DD's, 6 and 11. We used the double stroller last year. Even my 11yo got in when she was tired and there was plenty of room. I believe the double's are $15.00. If you get there in the morining there should be plenty. I think your 6yo by herself would be fine in the double stroller. :sunny:

She'd probably fit fine in a single stroller, the rental ones are on the large size. On one of the other Disney related sites out there on the 'net, there's a link to what the strollers look like at the different parks. MK has the plastic ones that are a bit low to the ground, MGM has the jogger style, etc.

They also offer a discount for consecutive days, you pay this in advance and they give you a receipt good anywhere, even if you park hop it is still good for strollers that day. (Even the single day tickets are good for this) :sunny:

The strollers are SOOOOO worth it! We rented them when we were there with our "tall" DS 4yo. He is 42 inches tall and the single stroller was plenty big enough. Trust everyone's recommendations to rent them. They have plenty, are easy to use, and easy to check out/turn in. There is so much walking to be done... it will wear your daughter out. We made the mistake of not renting the first day. By midday day2 we had one crabby kid. We sat down and I ran for the stroller. No more crabby kid the rest of the trip.

The greatest thing is that your 6yo is big enough to walk into and out of the parks so you don't have to drag a stroller on Disney transportation. By strolling her during the day, she won't have worn out feet when it is time to walk to the bus/monorail.

Remember to bring something inexpensive and bright to hang on the handle. We had a neon green water bottle and were able to spot our stroller immediately.

Have fun! :cool1:

Hi,
Here is a pic of our kids in a double stroller at MK.
Stroller Pic.
Our kids were 3 and 7 in this pic. The 7 yo is a little
on the tall side. Good luck

My nearly 6 yr old dd (who also has ADHD!) used a double stroller very comfortably for three days during our last trip. It really was worth it. Rental was $18 a day, but you can also rent weekly for less and it'll save you both time and money in the long run to rent weekly.

My dd used our jackets (that we shed after the sun got hot) as pillows and made herself quite comfy in the stroller. I think that helped her deal with any overstimulation, too, when she became tired. She often "nests" with pillows and blankets at home. The stroller was great for hauling our bags, too!

Thanks so much for all the responses. On renting the stroller for a week, is the ticket you get for the stroller good even if you go back to the resort and come back later in the day to the same park or different park? Sounds like we will need a stroller!

A Lost Boy can you tell me if the fan on your stroller came with it or did you buy one? If so where did you get it? Thanks!

Now I am wondering if the doucbe stroller is too bulky to move around the parks? We have twins-4 yrs, then a 6 and 8 yr old I am wondring if i will want 2 double strollers so they all could ride if needed??
But the look really big?

How do you rent them for the week? And how are you assurred you always to get one>? and is it easier to get one if you rent by the week??
thanks for ideas!

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in reply, regarding the fan we
brought it from home. I don't remember where I
got it from but I think you can get it here.
You can do a search of the net for pinwheel stroller
fan and might find it cheaper. The fan is great
just remember to bring a screw driver to change
out the batteries. Good luck.

To add: When I got home I checked and we
bought ours from One step ahead .
We also bought a stroller cover for our stroller
that was broken that peticular day. It all worked
out great for us.

momfor4 said:
Now I am wondering if the doucbe stroller is too bulky to move around the parks? We have twins-4 yrs, then a 6 and 8 yr old I am wondring if i will want 2 double strollers so they all could ride if needed??
But the look really big?

How do you rent them for the week? And how are you assurred you always to get one>? and is it easier to get one if you rent by the week??
thanks for ideas!

With one double stroller, would the kids be able to just take turns riding? Will the 4 yr olds always be in the stroller?

If you are there in the more crowded times, I think trying to get through certain areas of MK and MGM with two double-wides would be a bit of a nightmare!

I don't think WDW can guarantee that you get a stroller, even if you have paid for the week, because how would they know which park you will be going to? If 200 people pay for the week, they couldn't possibly reserve 200 strollers at each park, could they?

di4chat2 said:
Thanks so much for all the responses. On renting the stroller for a week, is the ticket you get for the stroller good even if you go back to the resort and come back later in the day to the same park or different park? Sounds like we will need a stroller!
Yes it is good al day regardless of the park you go back to. Just keep your receipt. :sunny: From this site re the lenght of stay rental
Disney World Stroller Rentals

Strollers can be rented upon entering the theme parks and at Downtown Disney. Strollers are not available at the Water Parks.

Fees:

$10.00 for single - $8.00 per day for Length of Stay rental

$18.00 for double - $16.00 per day for Length of Stay rental

When purchasing a Length of Stay rental, you show your receipt and can bypass the queue with little or no wait.

Magic Kingdom

Stroller Shop 8-273-6644

Main rental is to the right as enter the turnstiles

Replacements:

Main Street U.S.A. at Strollers/Wheelchairs

Frontierland at the Trading Post

Tomorrowland at the Tomorrowland Terrace

Epcot

Stroller Shop 8-224-6356 - Main Entrance

8-224-6520 - International Gateway Entrance

Main rental is inside either entrance

Replacements:

Germany at Gas und Porzellan

Disney-MGM Studios

Stroller Shop 8-264-4534

Main rental is at Oscar's Super Service

Replacements:

Tatooine Traders

Animal Kingdom

Stroller Shop - (407) 938-2135

Main rental is at Garden Gate Gifts inside the main entrance

Replacements:

Mombasa Marketplace

DOWNTOWN DISNEY

Fees:

$10.00 for single stroller with a $250.00 credit card imprint deposit required - $8.00 per day Length of Stay rental

Double strollers are not available

Marketplace:

Marketplace Guest Relations between Once Upon A Toy and Summer Sands

Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 11:00pm

Weekends: 8:30am - 11:30pm

West Side:

West Side Guest Relations between Pleasure Island and AMC Theaters, below the West Side Tower

Hours: 9:00am - 11:45pm

Schmeck said:
With one double stroller, would the kids be able to just take turns riding? Will the 4 yr olds always be in the stroller?

If you are there in the more crowded times, I think trying to get through certain areas of MK and MGM with two double-wides would be a bit of a nightmare!
Getting thru certain areas in MK and MGM with a narrow wheelchair (about 24 inches wide) is difficult because it's fairly tight and very busy with people. Trying to go thru with a single double stroller would be difficult and I think trying to manouver 2 of them would be very, very difficult.
I don't think WDW can guarantee that you get a stroller, even if you have paid for the week, because how would they know which park you will be going to? If 200 people pay for the week, they couldn't possibly reserve 200 strollers at each park, could they?
CMs have posted that during the busy times (like over Christmas and New Years), they don't sell the multiday tickets because they may not have enough strollers to honor them. They do have LOTS of strollers though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter