Strollers Stolen?

Tinker Belle

Earning My Ears
My husband doesn't want to bring our stroller to WDW because he is afraid that someone will steal it. Has anyone ever heard of that happening (much)?

Thanks!

Our stroller was never bothered when we were there in January. However, a lady I met on the bus said her was stolen, but was found and her daughter's sweater was missing, but it was otherwise in the same condition. She told me that someone took her stroller because they could not find her own and it was located in 2 days because the theif's stroller turned up with a cell phone number on it. When the CM called the number, she basically confessed to taking a replacement when hers was moved. (In some of the larger stroller parking areas, the CMs arrange strollers to make room for more.) Disney CM arranged for her to drop the stolen stroller for its rightful owner and she picked hers up anonymously as well. The people who were without a stroller were given a rental free of charge. She did say that the CMs told her most strollers are recovered and not usually stolen on purpose, mostly mistaken for their own. I would suggest to tie something to your handle so it can be ditinguished among the crowd. I think that most of the time it is safe to leave your stroller, but nothing is ever 100% safe with the number of people in WDW.

It's very rare. Just make sure you make yours easy to find.

Don't panic if not where you left it as the CM will move them around when needed.

Don't leave valuables in your stroller either.

It can happen but it is very rare compared to the number of people that visit WDW daily.

For every one person that says they did have their stoller stolen, you'll get at least 100 say they didn't.

last year we had a peg perego pliko p3 and no one stole it or mistook it for theirs. i was nervous about bringing it, because its an expensive (to me) stroller, but it was fine. i made sure it was marked clearly with something that made it "mine" and i didnt leave any valuables in it.

Nope, no one has ever messed with our stroller....and we leave backpacks in the bottom and everything. It has been moved by a CM though.

I've taken our Combi stroller twice and never had a problem -- even left the diaper bag in the bottom of it. DH and I would rather let DD walk and ride when she gets tired (although she wants to be carried when she isn't walking with pleas of 'I want to hold you!') in her own stroller than actually pay to rent one there.

We have never had a problem with strollers being taken. We have heard the occasional story of someone having one stolen but it is a very small percentage of the time. I wouldn't worry too much about it happening.

We never bring strollers....not worried about it being stolen, the way they are tossed around by the people who work at the airport. We always rent them at Disney and nothing has been stolen.

lorrainesy said:
We never bring strollers....not worried about it being stolen, the way they are tossed around by the people who work at the airport. We always rent them at Disney and nothing has been stolen.

Same with us, however we may take our own stroller in July

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter