Strollers...Peg Aria vs. City Micro?

WDWAurora

<font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'
Does anybody have opinions on these two? I think I've narrowed it down to these two, but can't make the deciding factor. Both meet the majority of my criteria, but I'll have to buy some accessories for the city micro (the tray and a cupholder). Advice would be appreciated-I'm ready to stop lugging around our travel system stroller!

I can't speak for the City Mini but I had an older Aria that I loved! It was incredibly light, had the snack tray that I loved and did I mention how light it was?

The only thing is my older one didn't quite last as long as I would've liked, meaning by the time DS was about 30+ pounds it didn't push very well. I'd just make sure they improved the performance before spending a chunk of $$ on one.
I did upgrade to a Peg P3 and had better steering with that but it is a lot heavier and bulkier.

I know when my niece was 4.5 yrs I went to a Baby's World to check out strollers. I was looking at the Maclaren's and the Perego strollers. She wasn't able to do up the seatbelt in the Aria, but was able to in the P3. I ended up ordering a Perego P3 from www.albeebaby.com

There is a review from another poster on the City Micro on this board. She has quite a few strollers and shows pictures of the City Micro and City Mini so you can see the differences.

I loved my Aria. I thought it was the perfect stroller, especially for WDW. Loved the little handle to carry it when folded. DS is almost 4, so I won't be buying any more strollers. But if he were younger, I'd buy another Aria in a heartbeat.

How old is the child you are buying it for? According to reviews I read, the City Micro does not have adjustable straps, so the harness will be too high for smaller babies. If I remember right, it doesn't recline much either.

I've been trying to make a stroller decision myself. Right now, I'm debating between the Peg Perego Aria, Baby Jogger City Mini, Britax Blink, and Joovy Kooper.

FYI, if you get the Aria, be careful of the model year you buy. The 2008 was made in China, and it got awful reviews. All other years (including 2009) were made in Italy.

DS was born on May 4th, so he's nearly 5 mos. Looks like he's very close in age to your daughter! Those are the reasons that are making me hesitant about the micro. Another board I'm on thought that about 5-6 mos he'd be fine with it.

Interesting about the Aria. I'd actually read very good reviews about the 2008 and that it was better than most other years. There is only a $10 difference between the 2008 and the 2009, so no big deal.

DS was born on May 4th, so he's nearly 5 mos. Looks like he's very close in age to your daughter! Those are the reasons that are making me hesitant about the micro. Another board I'm on thought that about 5-6 mos he'd be fine with it.

Interesting about the Aria. I'd actually read very good reviews about the 2008 and that it was better than most other years. There is only a $10 difference between the 2008 and the 2009, so no big deal.

Olivia was born on April 28th, so they're only a few days apart. :) From what I've read, the Micro is not good for babies their age. Have you thought about the Britax Blink? It's very comparable to the Maclaren Quest, but it's only $80 on Albee. It doesn't recline completely flat, but it's enough of an angle for a comfortable nap.

Do you remember where you read that about the 2008 Aria? I can't remember where I read the opposite, but I wrote myself a note saying that the 2008 was Chinese made and poorly rated. Not sure, but maybe I read it on Amazon.

On Amazon it was pretty highly reviewed, and they specifically referenced the 2008 being. I did take your advice, though, and I ordered the 2009. For $10 more, I figured made in Italy was better than made in China, like you said. I liked the colors equally.

We did not choose the Micro because of the poor recline. DS will be 5 months when we are at Disney and he will have to have a full recline.

We took DD when she was 6 months old and we LOVED our Combi Sport stroller. It is so lightweight, folds easily and compactly, and comfy. We ended up buying the double version of it for DD and DS to share.

I really wanted a Baby Jogger Mini (it reclines, unlike the Micro), but the cost was just too high.

You may want to check out the Peg Perego Vela - it is pretty much a cross between the 2 strollers you are considering. I have one & love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter