Strollers on WDW railroad?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Paigesmom2013, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Paigesmom2013

Paigesmom2013 Mouseketeer

I saw on this site that folded strollers can go on the railroad, but not disney strollers due to size. Does anybody know what that means for personal double strollers? We have a Baby Trend Sit and Stand.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

The stroller has to be able to fold up and fit within the bench spacing. The Disney strollers do not fold down; they are one solid piece of plastic. As long as your stroller folds up into a reasonably compact size, you should be fine.

4. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Folded strollers, yes.

Disney strollers, no.

It's not the SIZE that's the problem.
    It's that the strollers can't have kids riding in them, and they
    can't roil while on board.

Disney strollers don't fold.

5. kmb584

kmb584 DIS Veteran

A folded Sit 'n Stand will be fine. The problem with Disney's strollers is that they don't fold but rather are just one big piece of plastic.

6. pumpernickel

pumpernickel Mouseketeer

Double strollers will not fit.

7. sleepymama

sleepymama Earning My Ears

We have taken our double stroller on lots of times. It fit fine folded up.

8. musicluvr40

musicluvr40 Earning My Ears

This past week we were at the MK with my extended family. My sister and her family used a sit and stand stroller that folded up. We went to board the train by Splash Mountain. My BIL had the stroller folded up, and the CM working on the platform informed him that he could not take it on the train and that he would need to walk to our next stop and meet us there. So we took the train and he took the stroller and met us in Fantasyland.

We were told that only umbrella strollers could go on the train.

9. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Another overzealous CM creating her/his set of rules.

10. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

I'm wondering if they have to change the policy to make more room on the train if it's particularly crowded.

11. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

We were there in March and we have a sit-n-stand and have always taken it on the train. The stroller takes up one seat, just stands folded between DW and myself. The front end of each car usually has a double wide area, where one row is facing towards the back. I have seen many people with double wides sit there.

12. kirby428

kirby428 Mousejunkie Wannabe

A stroller taking up just one seat can be one seat too many if the depot is packed with people who paid for their ticket to ride whereas a stroller did not. Hooray if the CM votes not to give my seat to a stroller. I never said I was nice. Rarely am if my feet hurt and a stroller wheels do not. And a stroller can't ever enjoy waving to those brave CM standing in that Native American village 24/7 rain or shine.

13. mikedoyleblogger

mikedoyleblogger DIS Veteran

The stroller wheels may not hurt, but I'm sure the feet attached to the mom or dad pushing the stroller probably do. And they paid--for themselves and their child(ren)--to be in the park just like you did, didn't they?

14. corneredbycorn

corneredbycorn Mouseketeer

This is kind of what I was thinking...

15. smidgy

smidgy dimples

we are empty nesters who often go to WDW, just the 2 of us. believe me, I am not a fan of strollers. but I realize they are a reality.
    the thing with the railroad is this: it's not just a "ride"; it's a mode of transportation. so of course people need to bring their strollers with them. :confused3
    we have often taken the railroad from the begining of the park to frontierland. if one person in the party has to "meet you there" what's the point? (unless you are just doing a full circle. ie, using the train as a ride ony).
    yes, a stoller takes space. on the train. on the monorail. on the bus. on the boats.
    what's next? at epcot..mom and kids get on the boat at showcase plaza, going over to Morocco.. and dad has to walk around and meet them there? cause there's a line?

16. DISHoppy

DISHoppy DIS Veteran

Wow. Talk about intolerance and a lack of compassion. :rolleyes2 Perhaps I'll use that as my excuse the next time I'm on a bus after the park closes and a lady, child or a parent holding a worn out child needs a seat. 'Sorry, my feet hurt.' :sad2: I ALWAYS give up my seat, and I would gladly wait for the next train in 5 minutes for a family to ride the train together.

-Kevin