Stroller use in attraction lines, question.

AnnieLytical

Mouseketeer
Hey all!

We drive out for WDW tomorrow!!! This is my 3 year old son's first trip. It just occurred to me that I don't know anything about a stroller at WDW - except I have seen random stroller parking areas.

I think I have seen strollers being used in attraction lines, but I am not sure.

How will I know which lines I can/cannot bring the stroller into?

If I can bring the stroller into the line, what happens to it when we all board the ride?

There are lots of designated stroller parking areas that are marked, and you'll have to leave it before entering a line. They will not be allowed lines, or in places like The Land and the seas at Epcot they won't be allowed. We have a backpack that stays under the stroller with no valuables (clothes, snacks, etc) and one that stays on one of us at all times with phones, camera, etc.

I remember at the safari ride in AK, people had strollers and there was a stroller exit that CMs were working. Is that the only one like that? This might be my memory of strollers in lines. I never really paid attention.

I do already have a bag with no valuables for underneath and my usual park back pack for the other stuff.

I remember at the safari ride in AK, people had strollers and there was a stroller exit that CMs were working. Is that the only one like that? This might be my memory of strollers in lines. I never really paid attention.

I do already have a bag with no valuables for underneath and my usual park back pack for the other stuff.

Yes, the safari is the only one like that that I'm aware of. You drop your strollers off in the line instead of before it.

Any strollers in queues outside and beyond the above mentioned safari drop off were 'stroller as wheelchair' tagged strollers - for children with special needs.

Yes, this is the only line I can think of that is like that. You take the stroller through part of the line until you get to the stroller parking. I guess if you're watching Fantasmic! it can kinda be like that as well, although I would suggest just parking it outside of the Fantasmic! line and carrying or having the kid walk through the line, because it's a mess to get to the stroller parking when leaving etc.

Oh dear, I will have my 18 month with me at the minute. She's not quite walking yet (13 months), she's heavy, don't fancy carrying her through the lines. Argh.

I hope so! Though will she want to stand in line for 60 mins?

I don't think anyone does lol and it doesn't get much better as they get older. My daughter is 4 and just this year I think she could handle waiting in a line longer than 15 minutes without driving me crazy. Maybe bring stuff to entertain her-my daughter loved stickers at that age. You could also wear her in a carrier though my daughter always hated it.

She should be walking by then.

I wouldn't necessarily count on it. When we went at 15 months I thought for sure my DD would be walking. She didn't walk until 17 months and at 18 months was not steady enough to be walking that much so I would have carried her through lines anyway.

Tough to be a Bug also allows you to bring the stroller into the line and park partway thru. You pick the stroller back up when you exit the ride.

Please be aware that Disney has no one who watches strollers once you park them. They may move them around a bit to clean up the area, but no one knows which stroller belongs to what guest. It is not unheard of for things left in strollers to be stolen. Only leave in your stroller things you will have no problem replacing. If it would hurt you to lose an item, don't leave it behind.

The only time your bring your stroller in the line with you is at Safari but you drop it off half way through. I bring my Tula with me and wear her in the line as well as on some of the rides. I find it easier then carrying her.

Hey all!

We drive out for WDW tomorrow!!! This is my 3 year old son's first trip. It just occurred to me that I don't know anything about a stroller at WDW - except I have seen random stroller parking areas.

I think I have seen strollers being used in attraction lines, but I am not sure.

How will I know which lines I can/cannot bring the stroller into?

If I can bring the stroller into the line, what happens to it when we all board the ride?

There are stroller parking areas all over the place. As far as I remember, the only ride line that you can bring the stroller (That isn't a wheelchair stroller) into is the line for the safari...they will take the stroller from you when you reach the stroller lot about half way into the line. In this case, the exit line passes by the stroller parking area, and you just pick it up on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter